Chapter 56 - Birthday

Začať od začiatku

I smiled. "Good night, Baekhyun."

--------

"Any plans for tomorrow night, Chanyeol?" Kris asks in the middle of eating.

We are currently in the cafeteria, having lunch at our usual spot and talking about Chanyeol's birthday tomorrow.

"Of course he has a party. His parents already sent out the invitations," Chen answered instead. "Haven't you got one, Kris hyung?"

"Of course I got one, dummy," Kris retorted. "I meant the after party. We guys have that all the time, right?"

"I don't really know where we would go or what we would do," Chanyeol answers. "Usually we would go to a bar or something, but right now we have Jihyun," he all of a sudden pointed out which got everyone to turn their heads toward me.

I raised both of my brows at them. "What are you all looking at?"

"It wouldn't be also safe to go out right now knowing that Youngjae's still out there."

"So where do we go then?" Kai asks.

Luhan chimes in with a thoughtful look upon his face, "You guys know we have nowhere to go to but the hideout, right? It would also be pretty much easier since that is where we will be heading after the party anyway."

"Hyung's right." Chanyeol nodded. "It'll be better to have it in the hideout. Then maybe we would just play some music and trash around and watch movies and stuff.."

"Sounds like a plan to me," said Sehun who leaned back against his own seat.

"We can go grocery shopping for it tonight too if you guys are down for it," said Suho and the rest agreed.

The word shopping brought up another thought in my mind. Since it is Chanyeol's birthday tomorrow, I should be getting him a gift, right? At least even just a small one, I cannot just let that pass.

Sure he had done a lot of things in the past, but hey, we are friends---frenemies now. We already stick up to each other and he eventually welcomed me to join his group which wouldn't be a n everyday thing.

In conclusion, I must be getting him a gift. The only problem now is what gift I should be getting him.

"Hey, Ji, you alright?" Luhan, who sat right in front of me asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

I pulled off a small smile of assurance and then answered, "Yeah. Totally."

"You seemed spaced out. What were you thinking about?" he asks.

The others weren't really listening anyway since they are all minding their own businesses. But since we are located in the middle, I still couldn't tell him out loud. "Whatever it is, it isn't bad, trust me," I answered instead.

Luhan just nodded understandingly and continued to finish his food as I decided to do the same as well since classes would be starting soon.

The day went on pretty quick, except for History, I don't know why that subject feels like forever when I am in it.

After school, we headed to the nearest grocery store and bought whatever we think we would be needing for tomorrow night's after party.

We got some chips, some frozen pizza dough and the toppings we would be needing for it. We also got ourselves some chocolates, liquor because those guys are wild, and more of those good stuffs we found there.

"Baekhyun," I called out while the others went to grab their bags.

The latter turned to me, brows raising slightly in question. "What is it?"