Chapter 31

Previously!

Finally getting over to you, he smiled down at you brightly and you happily returned the smile.

"What are you doing, (Y/N)chan?" He asked, trying his hardest to not let any of his jealousy spill over.

"I'm giving Zenitsu-kun a head scratch! Would you like one too, Tanjiro-kun?" Your voice bright and evade of worry.

The male could feel the veins in his fist falter and his eyes sadden a bit when he heard you talk about the yellow male so casually. But making sure to not let you worry about him or ruin your happiness, he responded with a honey-like tone,

"I would love a head scratch also, (Y/N)chan."

On to Chapter 31!

You beamed a smile at your coral-haired friend and slowly pushed Zenitsu out of your lap. Your yellow, new companion, whined as he felt you pushing him away. "Waahh~! (Y/N)chan~! Please just keep giving me a head scratch instead of giving one to Tanjiro!" He cried as you laughed with a small grin, "I promise I'll give you a head scratch also if you just keep giving me one!" He bargained. Tanjiro felt some slight annoyance bubble within him, but restrained himself from helping you get the other male away. You immediately shook your head, causing the boy to become louder. Zenitsu continued to beg for your lovely head scratches as you softly, but assertively, denied his request. 

After finally getting the reluctant male to go and help with the three siblings about carrying some rocks to a grave, you beckoned for Tanjiro to come and lay in the spot that Zenitsu laid in previously. Following your motions and taking the spot, you began your head scratch. 

You felt the red stands of Tanjiro's hair flow through your fingers like a gentle stream; they were soft, smooth, and radiant. You couldn't help but let the males hair twirl itself around your fingers like a needy kitten asking for attention by rubbing itself and twirling itself around your legs. Continuing to play with the males hair, you never realized how Tanjiro was looking at you with an affectionate gaze. "Do you like my hair, (Y/N)chan?" His voice was wrapped around his words like a beautiful ribbon, and the bow was tied right on your name. His voice sounded so sweet that the sound itself rang through your ears like soft, golden bells that echoed straight to your heart, carrying it's riveting ringing. 

Your cheeks flared up and your body became tense as you now finally looked at the male in his eyes. Those ruby eyes of his were filled with affection and care as they sparkled gently from the suns kisses. You gave a foolish look as you looked into those pots of rubies that he had, dumbfounded at how beautiful they were. Your fingers slowly began to slow down and come to a calming halt as you two stared off into each other's eyes. 

Your heart was beating out of your chest as you swallowed thickly. Your already colored cheeks began to burn more and more as you continued to stare at him. The emotion of needing, love and warmth was buzzing all throughout your body, that it was making you almost become dizzy. This overwhelming feeling of yours had completely overtaken you, leaving you in the dust as it ran straight to your motor skills.