Chapter 10

Previously!

Dust filled the air, causing you to cough roughly as you stared through the now dimly lit room. Shards of glass and wood flew throughout the room, which resulted in two pieces of glass to slice one of your cheeks. And as the cloudy air began to clear up, you could now clearly see two figures. Two figures having the time of their lives trying to injure you and everyone else. Two figures with blood-thirsty eyes and incredible strength.

They were...

Two demons.

On to Chapter 10!

You and the other four stayed squatted in the now destroyed home, staring at the two demons who were now fully visible under the moons, calm glow. Your body couldn't move as your eyes stayed fixated on the two intruders; both of them looked at your small group with a devilish smile while only the demon in the orange kimono had eyes fueled with excitement as she stared. With time continuing to move, regardless if you wanted it to or not, the female demon in the orange kimono flung one of her Temari's at you and everyone else. It began to hurtle at a great speed before... changing directions? Your lips became agape with confusion and surprise, 'H-How?! How could it change it's directions like that all by itself?!' 

A wave of anxiety rushed through you, making you prepare your body out of instinct for the very worse. The sounds of the Temari's became increasingly louder as they were fired towards the now devastated home. And out from the remaining smoke that covered the outside edge of the once beautiful home, came two Temari balls.

With haste, Tanjiro grabbed your hand, forcing you to land on your bottom as he clutched both you and Nezuko's head under his arms. The two toys bounced from wall to wall, to corner to corner. The pounding sounds of the Temari's intimidated you to your very core. You kept your eyes sharp, making sure that none of the balls were going to hit any of you three. Luckily, none of them seemed to be heading towards any of you. But it wasn't the same for Yushiro and Tamayo. 

With widened eyes, you saw the incoming ball heading straight to Tamayo's head. You immediately began to move to rush over to them, but Tanjiro couldn't let that happen. With a tight grip, he locked your stomach in one of his arms, restricting you from moving any forward "Please don't move, (Y/N)san!" He yelled as he pressed his forehead against the side of your head. You merely ignored him as your eyes were fixated on Yushiro and Tamayo. You tried removing your burgundy haired friends arm from your waist, but it was to no avail. And now, with the inability to not move, you gripped his arm with frustration as your other free hand reached out into the air, grabbing nothing, "Yushiro! The Temari!" You screamed with fear, terrified of the fact that he was about to be decapitated, the memory of him being a demon completely escaping your mind.

His light, lavender eyes connected with yours for a brief moment with a mix of emotions. But what you did see in those colored eyes of his were surprise and worry. Sadly, that was all that you could see from his quick glance. He immediately stood up to guard Tamayo, "Lady Tamayo!" Was all that he said, never acknowledging your words. With fast reflexes, he positioned his body to deflect the Temari with his right arm. But the ball seemed to have had a mind of it's own. 

Instead, the ball swerved down to the ground where Yushiro's left foot was placed. A look of surprise was written all over his face which faded into a scowl as he turned his head to face the ball. The air that once existed in your lungs suddenly escaped, you felt like you couldn't breathe as you watched the ball rapidly approach his head, 'He's gonna die!'