Chapter 6

Previously!

After staring at the ceiling for only a few minutes and thinking, you could feel your eyes slowly begin to close as your mind became hazy. Finally shutting your eyes, you began to drift off into a deep sleep. But before you entered such a state, a thought slowly appeared and dissappeared.

'Oh yeah, I forgot to ask Tanjiro about what he was doing with that demon during the selection.'

'Oh well.'

'I'm sure I'll see him again one day.'

On to Chapter 6!

A cold breeze swept through your (h/c) hair as you stood in the backyard of your home. And there, accompanying you, was your father. He stood next to you in his gray kimono as he held his own blade next to his side. Your (e/c) looked up at your father with curiosity, "What are we doing back here, father?" You asked, your voice high and filled with brimming curiosity. He looked down at you, a proud smile on his face, "I'm going to teach you how to swing a sword, my dear." Your head tilted slightly, "But mother doesn't want me to know how to do that though." You said out loud. 

Your father put his index finger over his lips, signalling to you to be a little more quiet. "I know, darling. So let's keep this between you and me. You do want to become a great swords woman, correct?" You nodded with vigor as he laughed lightly, "I want to be just like you daddy! I want your dreams to come true!" You yelled with excitement, your father being unready with your last sentence. "My dreams? What do mean, (Y/N)?" He asked, his brows furrowing slightly. 

You straightened your back as you looked at the larger figure in front of you, "I overheard you one night, papa! You said that you wanted a son to be your successor and not a girl! But because mama doesn't want to have any more babies, I want you to pass your skills onto me!" With haste, you gravitated towards your fathers waist, wrapping your small arms around him. "I really wanna make your dreams come true, papa! Even if I'm not a boy!" Those beautiful (e/c) eyes of yours stared up at your father, those eyes that he knew that he loved very much. His gaze softened, knowing how you truly didn't understand his words that night. The memory from that one night slipped into his mind, making his heart ache at the words he said. 

"You can't be mad just because she's a girl, Asao!" Your mother yelled through gritted teeth at your father. "I wanted a son, Emiri! Who will be my successor if you only keep birthing girls!" He whispered-yelled back, trying to not wake up any of his four daughters. Emiri gasped with disgust, forgetting that there were others asleep, "How dare you put that blame on me! Maybe if you lost that stigma towards women then you would have a successor!" She yelled as she pointed, almost ready to smack her husband. Your father scoffed as he crossed his arms. "A swords too heavy for a girl, Emiri, you know this! None of our children can hold a sword even for a minute!" The arguing between your two parents bounced back and forth for several minutes, until your name finally came up. "Fine then. Since you want to have a successor so badly, teach (Y/N) then. She's always with you no matter where you go and is always trying to be just like you." Your mother spat at your father, knowing damn well that she'd change her mind in the future. "She's just a useless girl Emiri! What can she do with her frail body huh?! A girl like her will never meet the expectations that I hold for a boy! I wanted a boy to be my successor, not a girl!" 

He grimaced at the awful memory and his words, but made sure to quickly change his expression before facing you once more. Crouching down, he held your tiny hand in his and kissed your knuckles, "I'm glad that you want to make my dreams come true, darling, but," his eyes became heart-broken, "do you really want this? To be a slayer like me?" You nodded once more, "I would do anything for you papa! And I want to be a great slayer just like you one day!" Your father laughed at your young enthusiasm, trying to ignore the regret he felt. "Then let's go train you up then, (Y/N)." Resting his hand on your head, he ruffled your hair lightly as you squealed. Your movements began to slow down as you and your father began to move deeper in the garden, your point of view changing to third person.