Chapter 55

Previously!

Clambering on the ground to get up and grabbing your sheathe, you ran with your aching legs that screamed with stinging and fire. After finally running away far enough, another figure could be seen inching closer to you. Squinting your eyes to see who was coming towards you as your body braced for the worse, it had relaxed as fast as it had tensed up. Relief washed over you as you realized who was making their way towards your painful self... In the distance Aiko had heard your cry and now moved faster towards you as she cried out your name. Finally coming into view with an orange glow surrounding her body... her blue kimono signaled to you a sense of safety that your body desperately desired. 

On to Chapter 55!

!! BLOOD IS MENTIONED WITHIN THIS PARAGRAPH!!

(Incase anyone needs this.)

Finally within seeing view and the clinks of her footwear echoing slightly, so did something else. Fear had once instilled itself in your body once more as something was now coming towards both you and your sibling. "No..." Arachnid-like limbs and a body that was plump with oily hair surrounding its body, the thumping that came from it now replaced the sounds of your sisters footwear. Lacking in strength yet still having the desire to move, you forced your body to continue, to surpass the limits that it has already long past.

But a sudden realization dawned on you: Your sheathe was empty. Looking around as you now ran to your sibling with fear drawn on your features, you saw it glistening on the ground from where you had ran away from. 'You have to be kidding me here! I grabbed my sheathe but not the sword itself?! Shit!' But now wasn't the time to run back to where the din was still coming from. Knowing your own limits and speed, if you chose the action of running back to grab your sword, your sister would surely perish. With no other options that could be thought up in that moment, you ran towards the large arachnid.

Scooping the debris from the ground with one hand and a large stone with the other, you quickly tossed the loose debris into the air and into the creatures face to blind it. A grunt of frustration and a hiss of disapproval followed suit as you clasped your sisters hand and dragged her away. "Aiko, go hide for now!" Your sibling stammered for a moment to try and oppose your demand, but a glint of desperation and a new emotion had now seized your eyes and silenced her voice. Following your orders and hiding in a tight-clutch of debris not too far away, you turned and saw the arachnid rubbing its makeshift eyes before finally stopping and blinking at you with a hiss. Your eyes met its own and a sense of fear was as clear as day in them, but a new emotion was bubbling within you- a calling waiting to be beckoned.

With white teeth pressed against one another, you yelled, "Come on! Come get me, you useless damn spider!" Taking your invitation gladly, the creature followed after you as you ran back to where the din was coming from. Within 10 feet of your sword, you spun on your heel to face the arachnid that was now right behind you, its limbs allowing itself to close the distance between you two. A whistle of air rushed past your teeth and your eyes sharpened while your muscles tensed. 'Focus on its legs and nothing else- immobilize your enemy!' With a silent dash to its front limbs, a holler erupted from you as you spun with the stone in your hand to generate more momentum. Like a spinning dancer of fire, you spun underneath the arachnid and smashed through its limbs with grace and brutality, fragments flying into the air.

Escaping from behind the spider and letting it fall to the ground, you leaped over its immobilized body and grabbed your sword. With fire still within your heart, you dashed back, 'Don't waste anymore of your energy. Save it for later!' Eyes glittering with gold and the fern green sword looking at its enemy with domination, you sliced through the creature with some resistance from being fatigued.

"Woohoo~!" Whipping your head up with eyes shrunk, you saw Asumi waving her arm in the air as half of her body was submerged in the black spikes. "You did well, (Y/N)chan!" Her sarcastic coo now dived into one of wild excitement and bloodlust, "But what will you do when I gouge out Aiko's eyes?!" Turning your head wildly with an agape mouth, your eyes captured Asumi's body rising from the ground like black tar in front of Aiko. Quivering before her, Aiko could now only fall to the ground and allow her tears of dismay fall. With eyes of intimidation, "You always annoyed me with those continuous tears, sister." Her frame standing tall over the terrified Aiko. "Get away from her! Don't you fucking dare lay a finger on my siblings!" Your voice cracking as you sprinted as fast as you could towards the two of them. A giggle with curved lips only came from Asumi as she waved her arm horizontally across your siblings eyes, a sudden slash going across, effectively turning her blind.

A cry was the only thing that filled the air as your ears went mute from Aiko's shrill . Slipped back within her pool of tar and now uncatchable, you arrived and immediately knelt down as you saw Aiko rubbing her bloodied covered face in pain, spreading between her delicate fingers and around her face like a messy canvas. "It hurts! It hurts so much! (Y/N) It hurts!" Her cries of agony ached your heart and quickened your breathing. "I-It's fine! It's okay! You have to stop rubbing your face Aiko, please!" Forlorn in your words as your eyes began to betray you and leak themselves. Tearing your haori apart with your hands, you made multiple strips and wrapped them around her blood soaked face. Aiko clawed at your hands in pain and pleaded for you to stop, "You have to endure it! Aiko, please, just endure it!" Her cries of agony remained restless as you frantically wrapped the bleeding wound.

With a heaving chest and now having multiple rags wrapped around the slit that slashed her eyes, you leaned your sibling on the bundle of debris that she hid behind. "It hurts..." She whined, exhausted from the pain. "I know... I know." A hiccup working its way up your throat. Breathing in and out to calm your nerves, you kissed your siblings head and told her to rest where she was. And as you stood, she grasped your black clothing that hid underneath your haori, "You promise to come back, right?" A look of unknowing was on your face as you stared at her. You yourself did not know if you were going to make it back. But holding her hand gently and leaning down to place it on your forehead, "I'll come back, Aiko. I'll make sure of that." Internally unsure if you were able to keep this promise.

A/N

This chapter was a tad bit longer! I'm listening to some music that gets my gears going and boy am I going! 

I'm gonna crank out the very last one so that we're springing into action!

Have a wonderful whateverthetimeisforyourightnow!