Chapter 16: I Think I'll Go Ahead And Plan Your Honeymoon

Oh, dear God kill me now.

My head was pounding and my eyes stung every time I opened them. After trying multiple times, I manage to open my eyes and look at my light filled room. Yawning, I stretch my arms and attempt to get out of bed. I stop when something heavy keeps my waist from moving.

I try to wiggle out of whatever it is to no avail. And then it tightens.

Panic overwhelms me.

Oh no. This is it. This is how I die. Death by heavy arm thing. Oh cruel world! Why must I die so... Wait...

Arm!?

My eyes go wide as the realization hits me that this is a very heavy arm--which probably belongs to a guy--wrapped around my waist. I move to lift it off but, damn, this is is one heavy arm. I drop it and it abruptly pulls me closer to a hard chest.

"Oomph!" I weeze. After mumbling a few choice words, I twist my body and turn over to face who this person is.

Please let him have clothes on, ease let him have clothes on, please let--wait, do I have clothes on?

I glance down.

Yep, we're good.

I settle on my back and turn my head to look at none other than Jake Michaelson.

I practically choke on my own saliva at that realization.

The hell is he doing in my bed? Wait, the hell am I doing in my bed? What happened at the party? Where is Kyle? What happened!?

As if sensing my panic, Jake's eyes flutter open and he stares at me with those amazing gray eyes. I freeze as he gazes at me with those stormy eyes. He studies my face until his eyes flicker from my lips to my eyes.

"Uh... Jake? What happened last night?" I quirk an eyebrow, attempting to calm my speeding heart. Any second now it was going to fly out of my chest.

He ponders over the thought before speaking. "What do you remember happened?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together, trying to remember something. Then it hits me. "I was dancing with Kyle... I saw you making out with Maria..." Jake's jaw clenched. "And then nothing."

"Nothing else?"

I shake my head. "Nope."

He purses his lips as if he were deciphering whether or not I were telling the truth. "Okay." He shrugs.

I realize then, that his arm is still wrapped around my waist rather tightly.

"Uh... Jake? Can you um... You know..." I gestured to his arm. He looks down as realization dawns on him. But instead of releasing me, he smirks and pulls me closer to him.

Cocky bastard.

"What? Don't you like this?" He asks, pulls me up to his hard chest.

I gulp. "Uh... No?"

He chuckles. "Is that a question or an answer?"

"A little bit of both, I think."

"Hmm. And why is that?" He quirks and eyebrow and flashes his signature smirk.

"Uuuuh..." I open and close my mouth like a fish, trying to figure out what to say.

With a smirk plastered across his face, he loosens his grip on me. I attempt to squirm away, only to be blocked. In one swift motion, Jake moves to hover above me, his elbows propping him up on either side if my head. "Now, where to you think you're going, Sweetcake?"