Chapter 10: No Don't Go In There, Stupid Girl!

•CHARLIE GRAY•

"Hey Sweetcake, you miss me?"

I scoffed. "I missed you as one misses a disease."

Jake mockingly placed a hand over his heart. "That really hurt, Charlie. I'm dying on the inside."

"Yea, I'm sure you are." Sarcasm dripping from my voice.

He chuckled and took a seat next to me, resting his arm on the couch behind me.

I say cross-legged on my couch in jean shorts an a gray Batman t-shirt. A pint of Ben & Jerry's sat in my lap as I occasionally took a spoonful from the carton. The TV was entertaining me with a marathon of Tom and Jerry.

Cammy had insisted I stay home from school the whole week to heal from my injuries. Despite my protests, they made me sit at home with nothing to do. They wouldn't even let me go to the gym! And when I say "they" I mean Cameron and Jake. Oh yes, Jake for some reason had teamed with by brother and made sure I stayed home by coming over every day after and even during school hours to "hang out" with me. Of course, I knew it was just an excuse to keep tabs on me.

How did Jake and Cam even meet?

I have no idea. I asked, and they told me they met at a bar. That didn't make any sense since Cameron didn't drink, but I didn't see the point in asking anymore when I knew they'd lie.

Typical boys, coming up with the worst excuse ever.

I just wish I remembered what happened to me. Or even better who saved me.

I wasn't aware that Jake had left until I heard him yell from the kitchen.

"Charlie! Where are the spoons!?" He shouted.

"Why?!" I yelled back, too lazy to get up.

"Cuz I want a damn spoon that's why!" He yelled back, making me chuckle.

"That's not a good enough reason!" I retorted.

I heard him groan. "Charlie just tell me where the spoons are! I want some of your ice cream!" He demanded.

Oh, he ain't getting any of my ice cream. Ben & Jerry are both mine.

"I think I'm good!" I said with a grin.

"Tell me where they are before I tickle you so much you have a conniption!" He threatened.

I let out a loud laugh. "Ha! Like hell you would!"

I heard loud stomping before Jake took my ice cream, setting it on the coffee table, and grabbed me by the waist, squeezing my sides.

"Aaahhh! Jake! Jake stop!" I wheezed, struggling to get away from Jake's hands.

"You brought it this on yourself." He said with an evil grin as I squirmed in his grasp. He hopped over me and was now straddling my body.

"No! Stop! Jake!" I screamed.

He laughed. "I wonder where else you're ticklish..." He pondered outloud, trailing one of his hands to begin tickling the back of my thigh. I yelped and tried even harder to get away. My leg jumped away from his hand instinctively and before I knew it, he rolled off me and onto the floor, cursing like a sailor.

Oh--

"Holy mother of shit! *insert 'f' word* *insert 'f' word multiple times* oh my *'f'* God! What the hell, Charlie!? *some more 'f' bombs*" He shouted, Crouching on the ground in pain.

"Jake! I-I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to I s-swear!" I shout, jumping off the couch and putting a hand on his back. "Are you okay?"

"Do I look like I'm okay?" He snapped.