Chapter 28: I'm So Whipped

•LANA GRAY (Charlie and Cam's Mom) •

Lights flashed in and out of my eyesight as I drove down the near empty road.

This is a terrible idea. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this.

No, no I just have to see him. I still love him. Maybe he has changed.

Wishes rarely come true, Lana. You of all people should know this.

I sigh as I pull my car into the parking lot.

I know that fact all too well.

Unfortunately.

Walking into the hospital almost felt like it did all those years ago, except I wasn't here to see him. I was here to see if my 15 year-old daughter was still alive.

Thanks to the man you are seeing at this very moment.

Anger filled me as I spun on my heel, ready to leave the blasted building. But then, a thought hits me.

It wouldn't hurt to see him, now would it?

Going against my better judgement, I faced the inside of the hospital and walked up to the ward where I knew they would be holding him. The elevator took an extremely long time reaching the third floor, as if it were trying to stop me from reaching my set destination.

The doors opened and I hesitantly stepped into the silent hallway.

It's like a horror movie in here.

I made my way to the receptionist. "Um, hello?" I asked the young girl. She looked up from her book to smile at me.

"Hi," She greets me, "How may I help you?"

"Hi, I was wondering what room Frank Gray was in?" I ask.

She looks at her computer and types a few things into it.

After a few moments, she looks up with a light smile on her lips.

"Oh so it's one of the newly awaken patients? I'm glad you can be reunited." She says happily. "He's in room four thirty-seven." She chirps.

I give her a small smile and nervously make my way down the silent corridor. I walk up to the room she told me, standing outside the door.

Do I? Is it right? Could he have changed?

I want him to. I love him. I have to hope he changed.

But if he didn't, I would lead him to my children, destroying the safety we had for three years now.

Only one way to find out.

And with that, I opened the door and walked into the room.

+++++++++++++++++++++

•CHARLIE GRAY•

Something is wrong.

Something is really, really wrong.

As I sparred with Cam in the arena at the center of the boxing gym, my guy suddenly twisted in a sickening way.

A chill ran down my spine and I froze as he went to tackle, and did so successfully.

Normally I would've easily dodged a sloppy tackle like that, but my mind was racing and thinking on other thoughts.

Something is wrong and I don't know what the hell it is.

"Charlie?" Cam asks me, looking at me with worry stricken across his face. "What's wrong?"

Jus as he says this, Jake jumps into the arena and trots over to where Cam and I are now standing.

"What happened?" He asks me, his eyebrows coming together in an adorable looking manner.

Man I'm so whipped.

I shake my head as I furrow my own eyebrows, making this a circle of furrowed eyebrows. "I don't... Know... It's like I suddenly felt my stomach doing flips and a chill ran through my body. It felt like I couldn't move." I say shakily.

Jake smirks. "You mean like whenever I--"

"Not the time, Jake." Cam snaps, making Jake laugh. He coughs to cover his laugh as Cam glares more.

He hated hearing about me and Jake's relationship.

"Anyways," I say, rolling my eyes at the boys, "I just know that something is wrong."

As if answering my worries, Domy trots up to us with concern etched across his features.

"Guys, have you heard from your mom? I called her to ask if you guys could come with me to a match tonight, but she didn't answer. I left her tons of voicemails and text messages but she didn't answer." He rushes out.

I pale as the thought of losing my mother enters my mind.

No.

God no.

I can't lose her. I just can't.

What the hell did I do to deserve this!?

As if sensing my panic, Jake turns to me and wraps his arms around me securely. "Hey..." He says to me softly. I lean my head on his chest, letting the steady beating of his heart calm me. "Don't worry. Everything is fine. Her phone is probably just dead."

I nod my head, not trusting my voice to speak.

"I certainly hope so."

+++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++

I know what you're thinking.

THEIR MOM IS AN IDIOT.

And in her defense... This is a drama book... Kinda... So deal... Lol

Vote/Comment/Follow