Daisy and Hoseok: Before it all

If you were all paying attention, you would've known that both Hoseok and Daisy noted on numerous occasions during both 'The Survivors' and 'The Solution' that they had sworn to never return to the city again after they faced a fright whilst passing through one time. 

This was when Hoseok was still the famous city navigator and before they met Jungkook at camp Delta.

I noted in the book many times of a past they shared, I was contemplating doing a spin off, but decided against it and to just do a oneshot thing instead.

Depending on how this goes I might do more...

So here you go ;)

---

- Oneshot -

{The trip that changed it all}

"Fuck Hoseok, you're really testing my patience here, you know that right?" Daisy uttered under her breath, map clutched tightly in her dainty fingers as her eyes trailed over the numerous markings and lines scribbled over the paper. She found herself jolting to the side every time the van moved over an uneven slab of the road, city buildings passing from out the window making her feel all the more small and insignificant as they headed back towards the camps. 

From the drivers seat, Hoseok let out a drastic sigh, taking a single hand off the leather steering wheel to run a hand through his tousled orange hair, the tuffs poking out in all different directions. "I know, sorry about this." he replied, biting down against his lower lip as he drove hastily through the city streets. 

Rubble. 

All it took was a slab of concrete to fall over their main route to send them into a panic. 

Hoseok had planned out numerous different escape routes through the city, but this was something that even he struggled to comprehend. On their way in, rubble must've fallen behind their path, forcing them to divert their course, squeezing their van through any side streets possible to try and make it to one of Hoseok's alternate routes. 

Although Hoseok appeared calm, Daisy knew he was far from it. She could tell from the way he tapped a finger against the steering wheel, the way his leg jittered and the slight hint of uncertainty laced throughout his usually cheerful voice. 

They had passed through the city together numerous times. Heck- Hoseok had even earnt himself a title of 'the famous city navigator.'

Hoseok thought the title was bullshit.

Daisy didn't think so. 

"If we take the slip road over to the right we should make it out onto a main road again," Daisy instructed, bringing the map closer to her face as she trailed a finger along one of the routes, "The edge of the city isn't too far from there."

"Got it." Hoseok responded, not taking his eyes off the road as he turned the wheel, "This one?"

"Yeah, straight ahead now."

"Cool." he replied bluntly, nerves rising high as he took the van around a tight bend, driving it carefully into a tight shadowed street. The sun couldn't pass over the tall buildings overhead leaving the space dark, haunting almost. The narrow space left them with no room for error, they couldn't turn the van around now, only head down this road with their fingers crossed. 

Slapping the map against the dashboard, Daisy turned her head to the back of the van, eyes trailing over Hoseok's bow and arrow tossed in the corner as well as the perfectly stacked boxes against the back doors. "Odd that they need so much science equipment over at foxtrot." she uttered, breaking the tense atmosphere by distracting Hoseok from his nerves.