Chapter Twenty-Seven

{in the nick of time}

"MOTHERFUCKER!" The offical screamed, swinging a fist across his form as he landed a blow on Yoongi's face. The blue haired male was sent flying to the floor, vision slightly blurred at the heavy impact from the official's strong punch. The sound of a click was heard as the offical reached for his own gun, slipping it straight from his pocket without hesitation and aiming it directly towards Taehyung, ready to finish off what they started. 

Weakly pulling himself into a seated position, Yoongi's eyes went wide at the sight, "no..." he mumbled under his breath, too low for anyone to have heard as he watched the official close in on the trigger. 

"NO!" Yoongi screamed. 

The official pulled down on the trigger, the gunshot sending a ringing to the ears as Yoongi simultaneously shot up from his position on the floor. Taehyung and Jungkook swore they both became stuck in an insane nightmare the moment Yoongi dashed in-front of the bullet's trajectory, body jolting backwards as the bullet penetrated straight through the skin and bone of the male's shoulder. 

As if everything were happening in slow motion, Yoongi's body stumbled backwards, a flow of thick, crimson blood flowing down his arm, staining against his tattoos and dripping from the ends of his fingertips to the concrete floor. 

Taehyung and Jungkook both watched on awestruck as Yoongi spat, "You'll have to go through me." he growled, voice low and husky as he faced the man with bravery. 

Completely fed up with Yoongi's interference, the official was quick to raise his weapon once again, knuckles white against the handle of the gun as he aimed at Yoongi's strongly standing form. 

Glaring down the barrel of the weapon, Yoongi smirked, "Bring it."

The Alpha male was fuming, muscles tightened as his finger slipped over the trigger of the handgun. Jungkook could do nothing but watch on in fright as Yoongi stood before him, arms stretched out protectively despite the bullet wound to his shoulder. 

The Alpha offical gave a hard glare, finger beginning to tighten around the trigger, but it wasn't his gun that fired fist... but another's. 

The echoing sound of a single gunshot shattered the scene, bullet ploughing straight through flesh and bone as the Alpha official was shot directly through the forehead. Yoongi watched on in a daze as the male crumpled to the floor, a puddle of thick blood oozing from the man's head out onto the polished concrete. 

With wide eyes and trembling limbs, Yoongi's gaze flickered up to meet with a familiar blonde haired male. The figure stood tall and proud, a single handgun held tightly in his grasp as he lowered his arms to his side with a shaky breath. Yoongi wanted nothing more then to run into the arms of the male, eyes softening at the sight, "J-Jimin?" he stuttered, adrenaline immediately beginning to leave his system as he stared into the eyes of the blonde.

At the sound of his name, Jimin's gaze was quick to flicker over to the blue haired male's, eyes widening in horror at the sight. Staggering on his feet was Yoongi, skin falling into a ghostly colour as blood trickled down his unmoving arm. With clenched teeth, Jimin rushed forwards, almost tripping over his own feet as he ran to Yoongi's side, taking the blue haired male by the shoulders and lowering him into a seated position on the ground. His hand was now soaked in the blood that ran down from Yoongi's arm, the male's skin so cold. "We're here now Yoongi." he murmured, quickly removing his winter coat from his form and draping it over Yoongi, "we're here."

As if right on cue, the rest of the squad members broke in, metal door slamming open as the squad members stood tall, their weapons held high as they lost no time in advancing.