Chapter Nineteen

{taken}

There was a tenseness to Jimin's muscles that made him more like a mannequin on the soft mattress than a man of flesh and bone. He wanted so much to melt onto the soft foam of the sofa and relax, yet his brain was a violent whirl of stupidity, trying to organise the chaos in his life. "Oh God," he muttered, bringing a hand to his bandaged head and stressfully scrunching his fingers through his still bloodstained hair, "Why the fuck did Yoongi have to do that?" he moped, letting his gaze fall to his lap, "I could've helped..."

Sitting cross legged by the small lounge-room table, Hoseok took in a deep ragged breath, before placing his tense hands enclosed together on the wooden surface. "No Jimin," he spoke nonchalantly, squeezing his hands together and hiding his fear, "What he did was for the best."

Eyes darting up to meet Hoseok's, Jimin ran a hand through his hair, "He could've at least warned me!" he exclaimed, voice becoming increasingly pained as he continued, "But I guess i'm pretty stubborn... aren't I."

Letting out a huff, Hoseok unclenched his hands, "You got that right." he breathed, a tiny smile tugging at the corner of his lips, "Always jumping in for Yoongi." Hoseok knew Yoongi did what he did for Jimin's sake, because Jimin was the type of person from their very first encounter to put his own life endanger for the sake of others. 

The group sat knee deep in silence. The faucet dripped into the kitchen sink, each drip reverberating around the room like a cymbal, yet no one blinked or moved to stop it. Outside was no bird song, but the soft sound of the trees rustling in the chilled winter breeze. The fire they gathered around popped and crackled, warming their skin as they sat in the comfort of the lounge room. Despite the warmth, Jimin couldn't help but shiver at the thought that Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi might not have it as good, remembering they were barely even dressed for the winter elements. 

Breaking the tension, Jin decided to get things moving, "There was obviously a large group here." he commented, seated beside Hoseok as he faced the group, "If it were three or less squad members, Jungkook and Yoongi could've taken them on their own." he explained, still dazed as to how Jungkook, one of their best close combat men, and Yoongi of all people managed to loose. 

From the other end of the couch, Tessa decided to add her input, "Regardless of what happened, I think what Yoongi did was a good move. He had no idea how many squad members there would've been, therefore he must've knocked you out in an attempt to keep you from being taken."

Namjoon nod from beside her, "Yoongi had a feeling we were likely to be overpowered."

Biting down on his lower lip, Hoseok slammed a fist against the wooden table, "They must've had this all planned out! They practically waited until the squad was at their most venerable," he grumbled, frightening the squad with his unusually dark aura. It wasn't like Hoseok to get so worked up, but yet again, Hoseok was the person who made a failsafe plan, one that unfortunately never got put into action. He sighed, "They waited until we were apart."

"Those bastards." Tessa spat

Bringing a finger to his chin in ponder, Namjoon kept his cool, "I guess that's also a good thing though..." he spoke up, earning confused glances from the remainder of the squad, "It means they can't take the full force of our squad." 

Eyes going wide, Jin snapped his fingers in realisation, "You've got a point!" he chirped, "But now the question is, how do we find Taehyung, Jungkook and Yoongi?" he sighed, falling silent once again. 

Lips twisting into a frown, Hoseok leant backwards on the palms of his hands, "Lets just all chill out for one second and think... think like Yoongi might think." he muttered. 

Clicking his tongue against his cheek, Jin fell into thought. Yoongi was always there to help them solve a tricky situation, so in his absence, it was up to them. "It's snowing..." Jin piped up, "they must've taken a vehicle, we can check for tire marks in the snow?"

Nodding beside him, Hoseok was next to speak up, "Also, they wouldn't dare head back through the city. Especially not in this dangerous weather." he commented, gesturing out the window at the thick layer of grey clouds dangerously rolling in past the valley. 

Jimin's lips parted, 

"Or would they?"

------------------------------

{Author Note}

Double update special! Next chapter out now xox

(unedited)