Chapter Four

{rude awakening}

With the rising of the sun, Taehyung began to stir in his sleep, arising from his heavy slumber. As he stretched his arms high above his head he was first aware of the coolness in the air and it's loamy fragrance. Slowly, Taehyung kicked his legs around to the side of his bed, eyes opening and closing as he adjusted to the light, casting his gaze out the open window. 

He froze.

Taehyung half wondered if he was still dreaming as he sat up to take in the shafts of light that burst through the curtains of his room. Only, it wasn't the view that caught him off guard, it was something else entirely. 

A clicker. 

Rotting tattered flesh, bones protruding it's skin a single clicker stare at him from outside the open window, the window he had forgotten to shut the night before. If Taehyung wasn't awake before, he sure as hell was awake now. Perhaps more fully awake then he'd ever been. 

Heart beating out of his chest, breathing short and ragged Taehyung's eyes scanned the room. There were no paths out of the room without making a sound, no sign of another person to help. As far as he could tell, he was alone with the clicker, edging closer and closer towards the window frame before it latched it's hand against the wood, stumbling over and falling into the bedroom. With a wave of nausea washing over his tired form, Taehyung was on his feet within seconds, eyes wide as he slowly began to back away from the clicker. 

The clicking noises were almost like a terrible drumming in his ears, a ticking of the clock as he shuffled further and further back, until his hand brushed along his draws. Gulping, Taehyung knew that the second he tried anything, the clicker would notice him. He couldn't run, the clicker was now by the door so instead, he tried for anything. 

Sucking in a painful breath of air, Taehyung slid open the draw beside his bed, snatching the clicker's attention towards himself. His eyes widened, skin falling ashen, "It's empty?"

Letting out an awful screech, the clicker advanced forwards, lunging itself towards Taehyung's cowering form. "Fuck!" Taehyung cursed, falling as he began feeling around for any object of use. Hand falling over his bedside table, Taehyung grabbed the vintage lamp off of the wood, pulling it from it's socket before swinging it across his form, hitting the clicker straight over the head. The monster stumbled back for a brief moment allowing for Taehyung to try and dash past to the door. But his efforts were for nothing when the clicker reached out a broken arm, snatching Taehyung's science coat before pinning the male to the floor. 

Taehyung let out a painful grunt as his back collided with the wooden floor, breath catching in his throat as he tried desperately to kick the clicker from his defenceless form. Using one hand to defend himself, Taehyung rose the other hand to the door beside him, flailing it about as he tried to reach for the door handle. 

No use, it was just out of reach. 

He felt almost out of breath as the clicker's teeth came into view, reaching in for the soft skin of his neck. So in one last desperate attempt, Taehyung asked for, "HELP!" he shout, voice loud enough to be heard by anyone in the cottage, "FUCKING ANYONE!" he rasped, using both of his hands to try and keep the clicker from biting him. 

Within a split second, the wooden door was broken open, a familiar fluffy haired brunette charging into the room. Raising his gun to the infected, Jungkook didn't waste a second as his finger landed against the trigger, sending a bullet from the chamber and lodging it into the clicker's skull. 

Blood splattering over his cheek, Taehyung was quick to kick the clicker's lifeless form from his body, pushing himself out from underneath the infected with shaking limbs. Jungkook too looked frightened, still in his defensive stance as he glued his eyes to the clicker's unmoving form.