What's the point in seeing the future

When I finally awaken I already know that it's too late, I walk out of the armory warmth running down my cheeks. The castle and everything in it is burning,  piles of stone that were once my brothers and  sister are now littered the ground and they're resting places. As I walk around my heart gets heavier by the minute, this was my family and I saw this coming. I tried to stop this from happening but I couldn't, I failed them all this is my fault.

My knees hit the ground as tears fall down my face, my thoughts go to my trio of friends. Just as my thoughts go to the worse the doors to the rookery opens, my favorite trio make their way out. "It can't be" I mutter before making my way to them and instantly hugging my red friend who looks surprised. "I thought all of you were gone" I say into his chest him hugging me tighter, "What happened?" My tan friend asks but Goliath swoops in and lands before I can answer him "Were any more down in the rookery?" "None. Only us" My blue friend answers back "We were betrayed, I saw this coming but I.. I couldn't save anyone" I tell them more steaming tears run down my grey face. "It's not your fault, how could you have stopped this, we all sleep in the day" Goliath says to me but I look at him "What's the point of seeing what there is to come if you  can't save the ones you love with the knowledge".

Though they didn't have an answer for what I had said I know what they were thinking. They didn't understand what I was going through, yes they lost everyone just like I have but they didn't know this was happening. I knew what was happening and I didn't have the power to stop it, this is my fault they have perished. It's my fault the humans that we had sworn to protect were taken prisoner by the vikings. I must have vengeance, I must stop the vikings for once and for all, to destroy the Captain of the Guard. The Betrayer.

_______________________________________________________

By the time the six of us got to the camp the princess was running from the Captain and Haggin, the others went to take care of the warriors while Goliath and I went after them. After we land, we both growled, "You are the betrayer?" Goliath asked furiously but I began to approach "It was not suppose to be this way" He responds but this makes me more furious "why couldn't things have been left alone!" They all look at me now "I tried to stop you, but you.. Just wanted more, we all were content with what we had but you had to want more".  "All of my kind are dead. And now, you two will join them." Goliath says as we move closer slowly to them, Haggin still pressing the dagger against the princess's neck. "l told you to take the other gargoyles with you, if you'd only listened." "Traitor!"

Next thing I know the two starts to fall, while Goliath saves the princess I try to go after them. Goliath grabs my belt holding me to him. "No! I have to kill him, I have to fix everything" Tears start to stream down my face "It's all my fault"

"It's not your fault, the only ones at fault were them and they have met the ultimate punishment" Golaith says to me my breathing starting to calm down when we hear footsteps "Goliath, Seer, you must come help you friends" I look and see Tom running to us. Grabbing him and swinging him on my back we glide to where we had left the others.

By the time we got there though it was too late, "Stone at night what sorcery is this?" Goliath asks but I just walk my favorite trio. I touch their shoulders seeing if what I see is real. I just got them back from the dead and now they are gone again. What type of punishment am I facing for me to see this much misfortune in one night.

Goliath decided to take our friends back to the castle where they will rest until the spell is broken. "We have done you both a great wrong, I know that no apology will ever be enough" my princess tells us "I wish you had listened to me princess, to reconsider who you trusted; I knew someone would betray you I just couldn't see who. The princess pulls me into a nice warm hug that gives me the reassurance that she wish she had also. "What will you do now?" I ask of her and the Magus "We are no longer safe here so I will take my people to my uncle, we will be safe with him there". "The eggs in the rookery will hatch, they will need guidance" "we will watch over them as if they were our own" the princess response which makes me happy

"I have but one request" Goliath asked and I already know what it is "Cast your spell one more time" the duo looks shocked as he starts to get into place. They look at me but I don't know what I should do, the eggs do need guidance, from an actual gargoyle would be the preferable choice but... As I look at the trio and walk to my old red friend, I put my hand against his face I think I have already made my decision as well.

I sit next to the trio ready for this long needed sleep "thank you both for everything that you've done for us. Thank you for watching our children, our brothers and sisters, thank you for letting us rejoin our clan" The Magus hugs me before saying this magical spell and my body tenses and stiffens. A single tear runs down my face as my vision darkens and I dream of the future that is to come.

** Yay! Second chapter, this is a lot of fun to write but hi my names Dawn580, I know no one is reading this or interested but it's fun for me, so I'm going to continue to write this story till I get tired, if you actually are reading this like and comment and check out my other fanfic if your interested!***