|44| ~A Day Full Of Sorrow~

Start from the beginning

My mouth begins to water as I take in my second helpings and I have to hold back the urge to drool. Now, I know what you thinking. I'm a pig. That's correct, I'm most certainly a pig!

"Now that's just greedy," says Gutter Butter, knocking me out of my food trace. "Wipe the drool from around your lips. It's not lady like," he calls me out before throwing a handkerchief in my direction. He then turns into Abigail direction "You," he says to her. "Who asked you to deliver food,"

"King Cyrus, sire," she mumbles under her breath without spearing me a single glance. I turn around to fully take her in. The absolutely adorable human girl appears to be experiencing tremendous grief. I can see it all over her face. Her usually big, bright, and ocean blue eyes appears to be dull and puffy.

Actually, they are swollen and the red rims around her irises tells me that she must have been crying for hours. Plus, Abigail normally tanned skin is extremely pale. She's look sick, like she would faint in any second. Instantly, I feel bad. Here I'am so worried about my tummy when this poor girl has obviously been experiencing a day full of sorrow.

"You can sit the tray down and then go back to your station," directs Gutter Butter. His voice tone isn't harsh or demanding, but he does sound rude. Anyone with eyes could see that this girl is already having a hard time. She needs to rest, not work. Unfortunately for her I'm not brave enough to speak up on her behalf, not that it will change anything if I did.

I already caused a lot of trouble with Claire. I can't do that to Abigail. I watch her follow direction at once, still refusing to spare me a single glance which turns my concerns to flat out worry. I hope that the trouble that my wolf caused yesterday didn't get the humans in trouble. Goddess knows that I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it did.

Abigail places the tray down in front of Gutter Butter, bows and then turns around to take her leave. Once again, she refuses to look at me. It's like I'm invisible or at least that's how she is making me feel. I don't like it. I mean sure we just met and I know that slaves can't be themselves around the slave owners but based upon the hours I spent around this girl. I know for a fact that her behavior is not like her. The Abigail that I met is way too bubbly for that.

You know what, "Abigail," I suddenly say, right before she walks out of the door, or through the door frame. She pauses for just a second but then continues to walk away. The breakfast that Gutter Butter delivered to me must have had some courage juice inside it because I get up and follow right behind her.

"Death Trap," warns Gutter with an agitated sigh.

"I'm just going out here in the hallway," I advise and then quickly catch up with Abigail.

"Yup! We're certainly in the same boat," mumbles Gutter, but thankfully he doesn't follow.

"Hey, are you okay," I question, while grabbing a hold to her wrist

She turns around to face me with tear drops falling from her ocean eyes. "Sam's dead," she cries out, completely catching me off guard. "Sam's dead, Embry. My best friend is dead," she continues to cry, instantly crushing my heart.

"Oh, Abigail," I whisper, pulling her into my arms. "Her fight is over," I state the declaration of independence the human way, while holding Abigail closely.

She cries harder and then state, "Her fight is over,"

We stand in silence for a while longer with her crying her heart out and me refusing to let her go. The both of us need one another, our grieving hearts is the lock that solidifies our friendship. Abigail and I maybe from two completely different worlds but the both of us have truly loved and lost.