|44| ~A Day Full Of Sorrow~

Start from the beginning

"We," I question him while lifting an eyebrow.

"Yes we," he explains, while taking a seat. "Vampires like to eat human food as well, Embry," he explains with an eye roll. "Besides, you're  on room arrest, so I figured that I'll feed you and then bother you too death,"

"Plus, you owe me after that little stunt you pulled yesterday and I figured it would be best to discuss payment over some breakfasts. Don't you agree?"

"Yes," I agree, while taking a seat even though I don't have the slightest clue about what he's talking about. In all honesty, I'm only agreeing because there is no way that I'm turning down food. So if I have to pretend to listen to him, just to chow. I'm down.

I take a seat and waste no time diving in, I didn't realize how hungry I was into a take a huge bite of the French-toast that's soaked in cinnamon and topped with some thick white sugary powder. Gosh, this is so good. Very, delicious! Vampires really are great cooks, seriously. As expected Gutter Butter doesn't eat he is just sitting here quietly, watching me. However, I have no complaints if watching me give my stomach a party suits him then so be it. He can watch.

"You wolves have such the appetite," he voices his disapproval of my table manners without really voicing his disapproval.

"You vampires sure can cook," I ignore his insult with a smile, before licking some cinnamon syrup off my finger. Gutter shakes his head in disapproval and then take of sip of his drink that smells like coffee and blood.

Coffee and blood, gross!

"Well we can't argue there," he tells me, before placing his mug back down. "So how was your meeting with the Golden Hair Chosen. I heard that human is something else,"

"She is," I answer right away. Do you see what I mean? Everyone who is anyone seems to be interested in Claire. "She's a nice girl," I add in, while popping another home fry into my mouth.

"You're the first person to say that," Gutter advises with a smirk. "My comrades swears that girl is a walking death trap. I thought I had it bad with protecting a she-wolf," he explains and I can't help but to roll my eyes. "Apparently, I'm lucky. Commander Vlad is the one, who really got to sleep with one eye open. I wouldn't want to be him,"

"Who's Commander Vlad," I question. I have no idea who's he talking about.

"A highly ranked soldier, who will soon be on the bottom of the food chain. Thanks to that Golden Hair Chosen human girl," he expresses while taking another sip of his coffee and blood. Yuck, that is so gross.

Suddenly, an idea pops into my head. "Can you take me to see her, " I ask. "Claire, I asked Cyrus. I mean King Cyrus," I quickly correct myself. I don't know if Cyrus would like to hear that I didn't utilize his tittle appropriately, not that I really care. It's just I rather not argue over stupid things right now and we all know that my mate just loves to pick fights.

"No," answer Gutter Butter flat out. "What part of you're on room arrest do you not understand?You almost got me killed twice since you have become my charge," he says before suddenly appearing to be lost in his own thoughts. "You know what? I take that back. Commander Vlad and I are most certainly in the same boat," he says with a deep sigh.

"I'm just the fool to have willingly signed up for it," he mumbles before taking one off my home fries off my plate.

The fresh scent of clean linens and more breakfast food blows into the room, preventing me from responding to Gutter Butter right away. My nostrils flare widely as I take in the smell. It's Abigail. She also walks in with a tray filled with a hearty breakfast. Room service twice oh, my! Today must be my lucky day.