Chapter 7: So Hungry...

(song - Season of the Witch from Dark Shadows)

Chapter 7 - So Hungry...

Lilia

"...a!...lia! Lilia!" a voice yelled over and over into my ear.

"What the heck..." I shouted back while sitting up. I was cut off when my head bumped into the other person's head."Owww." I groaned and rubbed the sore spot.

I blinked and looked around the room once I had discovered that there wasn't any serious damage done. Tiernam stood beside the bed, looking very worried. Karissa had been watching from afar but was also filled with the same emotion the guy was.

"You're okay!" He cried out."I thought you were dead....your heart wasn't beating....." Tiernam trailed off.

"Um, no duh. None of us has a beating heart anymore." I replied sleepily, but with my same sarcastic tone I used with anyone who asked me stupid questions.

He froze up all of the sudden and strained to fell the normal thump in his chest. When he didn't, he sat collapsed on my bed. Karissa was staring at herself like she wasn't medicaly possible. Well, she wasn't in human standards.

"How long have I been out?" I lost my teasing voice and turned serious.

"Several days." Karissa spoke softly. She sounded in pain.

"Have you guys been sleeping?" I asked, slightly worried about their heath.

"Sleeping? Is that what you call that rock hard coma you were in?" Tiernam replied. It was his turn to be sarcastic.

"No....." the other girl answered me rationally.

"And you also must be hungry...." I thought out-loud.

The guy changed gears."No way am I going to drink from a human! You can't force me!" he burst out.

"I'm not." I muttered, clearly sounding unimpressed by his attitude."You can drink from me." 

Tiernam blinked."What?" he said, caught off by surprise.

"I can feed off humans freely and have no concious about it. Whatever you take, and I can get back just as easily. So if you must, just take my supply." I told both of them, holding my arm out.

Tiernam's eyes gave a gleam that I had learned meant hungry from experience. They were starting to lose their color---starting to go silver. The normal hue in their iris wouldn't return until they'd fed. Although the guy didn't know it himself, his body was already reacting to the proposal of drinking from me. Only his mind was holding him back from jumping on me.

"...I...I can't..." he muttered, taking a step back.

"And you?" I asked in a strong voice to Karissa.

She shook her head back and forth quickly.

"We're going to have to do this the hard way, I see." I sighed and then used my ability.

Tiernam's mind resisted being controlled from within. I hadn't realized compulsing my own race was so hard. After a few minutes passed, I won by experience and his eyes took a sleepy look. He walked over to me and gently took my arm in his hands.

"Wha...What are you doing?" Karissa whimpered. I wasn't sure if she was asking me or Tiernam.

The boy's lips found a good spot on my arm and he sunk his fangs into it effortlessly. From there, I didn't have to control his mind at all. He was already programed what to do when the taste and scent of blood came to his senses. 

When he'd gotten enough however, reason came back to his eyes. He dropped my arm like he'd just held a dead animal in his hands and backed away slowly. There was still blood rimming his lips.