Chapter 19: A Pointless Point System

Start from the beginning

"I'm Mikey." the pervert cuts into Carl's barely coherent rambling. "I like girls  too." his head turns freakishly fast in my direction. "Specifically, you."

I can't help it. "EW!"

"Settle down, folks." Mister Kim breathes. "Let's discuss why we're all here. I'm here because you brats couldn't behave for a few hours into your school day. I could be relaxing in the teachers lounge, texting my girlfriend, grading some papers, making some use of my time. But alas, here I sit with you disrespectful jerks and wasting what could have been a productive lunch hour. So tell me Miss Y/n, why are you here?"

The last time I was in trouble in school was years ago when I beat up the girls for hurting Eun-ji. Since then I've never even been reprimanded once. At this point I'd much rather Mister Kim yell at me and send me on my way than making me talk.

"I accidentally spit water on my classmate." I speak while facing my lap in the hopes that maybe I'll look pitiful enough for him to want to go easy on me. He doesn't.

"How do you accidentally spit on someone?"

Telepathically I send angry thoughts in Namjoon's direction for getting me into this. Why would he say something that hilarious? With witnesses! And a camera, for god's sake!

"I was laughing."

"And why were you laughing in class instead of paying attention?" he presses on.

I furiously fight with myself to keep the attitude out of my voice. "It was literally the second class started."

Mister Kim slaps his knee. "Negative five points."

"Wha-"

"What were you laughing at?" he cuts me off and raises an eyebrow. I gape at him, totally confused over what just happened. "Ten points if you tell me. Twenty if you tell me in detail."

What the hell are the points for? And am I really expected to tell him in detail what I saw on that phone? Jimin and Taehyung might die if Namjoon finds out that they still have that footage. Are their lives more important than me gaining points in this stupid detention session? It might help if I understood what the point system was about. I glance over at Yoongi to find him  studying his nails. If I repeat what I saw, would he let Namjoon know about it?

Only one way to find out.

"A video of my boy—of my friend rapping to a room full of witnesses that he's a sexy porn star."

It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. For one wild second I thought I was gonna lose it and bust out laughing when Yoongi's head whipped around to stare at me, wide-eyed. Somehow I managed to hold this in while Mister Kim observes me.

He nods. "Negative fifty points."

"WHAT?" I burst.

"That was a test. You failed! Mister Carl, tell us why you're here. And be truthful," his eyes narrow into slits, "or negative two thousand points."

This makes no sense.

Carl jumps into a long-winded story that I barely understand. Something about an argument in home ec about cupcakes and the metric system. His accent is strong and his sentences disjointed and I'm pretty sure Mister Kim doesn't understand it either, but just pretends to so he can be more annoying.

"Very good, Carl. You get six hundred thousand and ninety four points." He moves his attention to the pervert as Carl punches the air in victory. "And you?"

"Oi, that bitch Miss Ahn said-"

Mister Kim cuts him off with an angry look. "First of all, watch your tongue or it's a suspension. Second, Miss Ahn is a beautiful woman and I won't have you disrespecting her."