0068. CAN I START A PETITION TO KICK OUT MY BETRAYING BROTHER?

SHE PROMISED
( part two, chapter sixty-eight )

"WE CAN DO THIS," Elle said, nodding at Rebekah. "You can do this."

The moment they had heard the church bells start to ring, ringing the same tune as Dahlia's lullaby, they knew that their dreaded evil aunt was coming. Freya was downstairs in the courtyard, the golem strapped into Hope's car seat, while the other two witches were hidden upstairs. Elijah was somewhere else hiding, their father's hunting knife ready to be used.

Rebekah nodded nervously, gulping, then stretching her hands out. She clasped Elle's hands in hers, then they started to chant. "Sineste exa vana vintante com. Sineste exa vana vintante com." Even when they heard the tell-tale signs of Dahlia walking in, her heels clicking loudly against the floor of the courtyard, they continued their spell. Elle squeezed Rebekah's hands reassuringly, as if the gesture will help her. "Sineste exa vana vintante com. Sinete exa vana vintante com."

They could hear mumbling downstairs, most likely Freya and Dahlia talking, but Elle did her best to drown them out. Hopefully, her eldest sister was doing her part well where Dahlia was convinced enough to let her guard down. "Sineste exa 一" Rebekah suddenly stopped, and Elle opened her eyes into narrow slits, her brows scrunched.

"Beks, what are you 一" She cut herself, turning around to look at the person her sister was seeing. Her eyes locked onto Marcel, who was standing a few feet from them, and in his hands were the cursed shackles. He looked absolutely wrecked; his skin had paled and he was panting heavily. Elle nearly took a step towards him. "Marcel, are you 一"

"I'm sorry," he gasped out.

He suddenly charged at them, tackling Rebekah to the floor and sending Elle sprawled. The young witch grunts as she hit the ground, momentarily having the wind knocked out of her. Her vision was slightly fuzzy, but she could see Marcel slammed Rebekah harder against the ground, baring his fangs. "I, I'm sorry," he gasped out again, struggling to fight against his control. He quickly slapped the shackles around her wrists.

Slowly pushing herself off the ground, Elle quickly glanced at the table beside her. The table had tipped over, spilling all the ingredients and the spell on the ground. That meant... Elle darted her head to look outside, hearing Freya shout and immediately the sounds of fists hitting skin. "Damn it," she muttered then looked back over to Marcel. With her vision still hazy, Elle lifted a hand up. "Phasmatos Morsinus Pyrox Allum!"

Immediately, Marcel backed off of Rebekah and clutched his aching head.  Elle didn't let up on the spell, even when he fell onto his back and shouted out in pain; in fact, she intensified it, shouting the spell once more. "Phasmatos Morsinus Pyrox Allum!" she shouted, now sitting on her knees. A low breath fell past her lips when she saw Marcel eventually pass out from the pain, his entire body collapsing on the ground. Once she saw that he was fully disabled, Elle fell back on the ground and huffed out a breath of relief. She pressed a hand to her forehead, wincing when she felt the bruise. Damn, that's going to hurt in the morning. Looking over, she saw that Rebekah seemed fine, just groaning and holding her head in her hands.

"Oh, crap!" Elle suddenly scrambled to stand up, pushing herself off and running out of the room as fast as she could. Looking down, she saw the charred remains of a dead vampire, and she gasped. Elijah was incapacitated on the ground, a bloody wound in his chest and producing a red bloody circle on his button up. Klaus was talking with Cami, who had randomly showed up during their fight. No, no, she shouldn't be here, she thought, quickly hurrying down the loggia and down the stairs. Why is she here? She shouldn't be here. Cami shouldn't be here. Her Converse covered feet slammed against the wooden floor. "Nik, no!" she screamed as she witnessed Klaus dig his fangs into Cami's neck. The human cried out in pain, her body shaking, and once Klaus was done, he allowed her to drop to the floor.