0029. OUR MOTHER-DAUGHTER BONDING TIME

SHE PROMISED
( part two, chapter twenty-nine )

WHEN KOL AND FINN HAD LEFT THE LYCÉE, Esther had kept Elle back. The two sat in the one of the many mausoleums, Elle chipping away at the week-old nail polish and Esther watching her daughter with a sort of fascination. Despite having spent very little time with her daughter in her very long life, she had seen that Elle had grown into a lovely and hardworking young woman. A bit odd, but lovely nonetheless.

"How are you adjusting?" Esther asked with a gentle smile. She picked at one of the many bouquets sitting in their holders beside her.

"To what?" Elle stopped in her activity, looking up at her mother. "Oh, right, to the whole I'm-actually-Katrielle-Mikaelson thing?" Esther gave her a criticizing look and Elle sighed. "Sorry, it's just... not as easy as one would expect. My whole world has been turned upside down and I would like to say that I'm happy and okay with finding out my life is a lie, but I don't want to. I mean, I thought I was just the weird amnesiac kid with serious issues, mentally and physically, and now I know I'm just the witch bitch with much more serious issues."

Esther reached over, took her hand, and gave her daughter a reassuring squeeze. "It'll get better, in time," she said. "I cannot promise that your... issues will get any less serious, seeing as who we are, but I can promise that we will be together again. All of us."

"You're so confident," Elle pointed out, "that everything's going to work out."

"Because I know we'll be together, one way or another."

The brunette leaned against the wall and bowed her head. "How am I supposed to remain calm in any of this? I mean, what about Cordelia?"

"What about her?" Esther asked, raising a delicate brow.

"She's been my sister for as long as I can remember. That is, until you removed the block from my head." Elle gestured to her mother across from her. "But you know, turns out I have three times as many siblings." She let out a loud sigh before sliding down the wall. "What do I do, Esther? Or Mother, or whatever I'm supposed to call you. What do you want me to call you?"

"You may call me Mother if you'd like," Esther said, walking over and kneeling in front of Elle. Reaching over, Esther grabbed one of the many bouquets of flowers and took one of them out, placing it behind Elle's ear. "There, much better. You look prettier."

Elle smiled. "Did you know that when you were young, you'd weave crowns of flowers for your brothers and sister?" Esther said fondly. "No matter the season, you'd use whatever flowers you could find and make us wear it until they fell apart. Then you'd make new ones."

"Kinda sounds like me." Elle laughed and leaned her head back. "What was I like when I was young?" she asked. "I can barely remember."

"You were kind," Esther said. "And you loved to explore. I remember as soon as you were able to walk, you'd drag whichever of your siblings with you to explore and wander." The two chuckled softly. "You were quiet. Whenever we had harvests or celebrations, you always stayed at one of our sides. But I remember once, during Samhain, when we danced and killed the best of our livestock to appease the gods for a new season, you came out of our shell just once. Niklaus had given you a mask and the two of your danced around the bonfire the whole night."

"That sounds like a lifetime ago," Elle said sadly. She could faintly remember dancing around a fire like she was a wild hooligan, but she could remember laughing and spinning with her brother. "I mean, technically, it was dozens of lifetimes." She let out a long sigh, watching as her mother stood up. "When we convince Nik and the others to join us, what will you do? There's no chance you'll allow them to remain as vampires."

"That won't be as difficult to undo," Esther said. "Like your brothers and myself, I'll transfer them into the bodies of witches, bodies that no one will notice the differences in. It's a simple solution to a rather complex situation. Then we'll be together as a family; we'll remain together, always and forever."

A/N: this was just a filler
chapter and i just need to post
something so sorry if this is
kinda shitty