Chapter 6: All Too Soon

I come out of the bathroom stall wearing one of Mason's sweatshirts that are way to big for me and an extra pair of his jeans that are to baggy for me. Underneath I wear Lynn's extra "emergency" bra and underwear that she let Mason and Cory bring to me. How they asked her for them, I don't know.

My, still, wet hair drapes down the back of Mason's sweatshirt. "Okay, here's your clothes," Cory hand me a plastic bag with my old clothes, "you might not want to go back to class. Just go home or something."

If I went back home right now, my father would kill me, bring me back to life, and then kill me again. "Um... I don't think that's a good idea," I say awkwardly, "my father. I'll just probably go to the Hot Topic in the mall."

"Well then, sister, you aren't going alone," Chase says and takes my arm steering me out of the boy's locker room. My shoes, sadly, also got milk in them so I can't wear those. And I can't wear any of the guys' shoes or Lynn's "emergency" shoes because I have super small feet. It sucks; I am forced to walk carefully down the hallway in socks.

My dad doesn't come home from work until a half hour before we get off the bus, so I will probably put my bag of clothes in my room and grab a pair of shoes to wear. I can always tell my dad I got a ride home from Lynn instead of taking the bus home.

I get into the front seat of Chase's car which the guys let me have while Mason is squished in between Cory and Luke in the back. "Can you take me to my house so I can get shoes, first?" I ask knowing they still will take me.

"Yeah of course."

Chase parks the car in front of my house. "I'll go in with you," Mason says as I get out. "Alright," I say as I watch him try to get out from between the two boys. I unlock the door with the key we hide and lead him into my house. I dash upstairs and throw the bag of clothes onto my bed and grab another pair of converse. I put on a pair of black leggings and my shoes before I leave my room again. I would change into a nice top, but Mason's sweatshirt is so comfortable.

I run down the stairs and see Mason in the kitchen admiring our table's centerpiece. "Okay, let's go," I say about to open the door. "Wait," Mason says now looking up at me. I step away from the door and walk over to him. "What's wrong? Oh, here are your jeans." I hand the jeans to him.

He sets them down on the table. Mason grabs my waist, bringing me in closer. He kisses me slowly, running his hands through my hair. I wasn't expecting this at all. I don't know what to think. That's why he's been sending his dogs on me. Would this really happen if I looked differently? He lets go and shoves his hands into his pockets. He seems embarrassed and ashamed.

"Sorry," he whispers loud enough for me to hear.

"I just think it's a bit too soon, don't you think?" I say almost immediately feeling bad.

"Let's just go," he suggest walking through the door. I stay where I am for a moment trying to figure out what just happened before following him out the door and getting back into Chase's car.