Zenitsu continued to whine about how rudely you were treating him and how being quiet was the best way to avoid demons. But as Zenitsu talked, Shoichi's face twisted from exhausted to completely terrified. Noticing his change in expression, you whipped your head behind you and saw a demon crawling on the ground with a wet tongue sticking out. Pulling the young child to stand behind you and grabbing Zenitsu by his back collar, you watched the demon with intense eyes and gritting teeth. 

"Just a couple of kids." It said with a rough voice, "Probably most agreeable to the tongue." It ended as it completely crawled out of the shadows. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU?! A DEMON SHOWED UP! A DEMON SHO-" You put your hand over Zenitsu's mouth while maintaining your focus on the demon; it's bright green eyes and eager tongue looking back at you menacingly. "You're pretty brave to look at me like that, little girl." The demon spoke with it's tongue flicking from side-to-side. You gulped out of disgust while your stomach churned. 

You breathed out and reached for the hilt of your sword, but before you could unsheathe your sword, Zenitsu was already pulling you back as he screamed bloody-murder. "W-What do you think you're doing Zenitsu?!" You yelled as you slightly stumbled to run at the same pace as him while he gripped your haori. "I'm saving you from that demon! That's what I'm doing!" He screamed out, never sounding brave. You grabbed Shoichi's hand to make sure that he didn't get seperated from the two of you. The under-confident male caught a quick glimpse of the demon from his peripheral vision, and his fear sky-rocketed. "Stay away! Stay away from us!" He shrilled as the demon crawled on all fours towards the three of you. And with an attempt to try and make the demon go away, he yelled about how disgusting the three of you would taste and that it would be a waste of time to try and eat any of you. 

The demon merely chuckled at his pity attempt to try and stop his pursuit, "How will I know until I have taste?" The crawling demon said as it flung it's tongue towards the three of you. "Oh shi-!"You cut yourself off when you and Zenitsu both moved to the other side of the wall in order to evade the converted humans attack. The demons tongue instead sliced a clay pot filled with water in half cleanly, which caused both you and the yellow under-confident male to freak out. "WHAT WAS THAT?! YOUR TONGUE'S QUICK ENOUGH TO SPLIT A VASE INTO TWO?!" Your companion screeched as he held the younger male in his chest. 

The beast continued it's hunt towards the three of you and flung his tongue out once more, making sure that he didn't miss this time. "Move!" You yelled as you flung yourself towards Zenitsu and the younger boy, pushing them both through a door and into an orange room. Getting yourself up immediately, both you and Shoichi shook Zenitsu to get up. The shivering male looked at you both with tears brimming in his eyes as he spoke with worry, "It's in my knees now! 80 percent of my fear is in my knees!" You yelled at him at what he meant by that while Shoichi wailed that this was no time to whine. "Just leave me behind! Make a run for it!" He cried. You had to suppress the urge to hit the male again, "Don't say something so stupid Zenitsu! You know we can't do something like that!" 

The blonde male looked at you with tears falling from his light and dark honeysuckle eyes as his mouth was left agape. He felt the tenderness that came from the both of you and made a new initiative: protect the both of you. Even though his river of tears and gaping wide mouth didn't show it, he was thinking about a way to save both you and Shochi from this disastrous moment. "Come on Zenitsu! You have to get up!" You yelled through tight teeth, getting more worried by the second. 

A thud suddenly came from the entrance of the room. And there it was, the demon with dark gray skin and vibrant green eyes. Climbing into the room now, "I'm gonna guzzle your brain matter through your ears!" A shaky breathe escaped from you as you placed a hand in front of the younger boy and Zenitsu. About to unsheathe your sword, you heard a sudden thud from behind you. With both your eyes and ears perking up, you looked behind you and saw a sleeping Zenitsu. Your jaw dropped and your eye twitched, 'What the fuck!? Why is he asleep!? We're about to get killed you fuc-' You stopped yourself from finishing your internal comment and shook your head instead. 'Now's not the time to scold him! There's a demon right in front of us!'