Chapter 9

The day after, the match started. The cowardly president and the rest of the S.A were going to be commentators. I wasn't paying attention when Akira was explaining everything, so all I knew was that I was just supposed to sit beside Ryuu at a table. Easy enough. As Tadashi did introductions and other things judges are supposed to do, I actually started to wonder about what would happen. Knowing the Cowardly President, he would probably try to do something to prevent Kei from fighting. I knew nothing that useless person did would have an effect on the outcome of the match, but I had a feeling something interesting would happen. That was never good.

Kei and Hikari finally made their appearance and I didn't believe my eyes when I saw handcuffs locked on both of their wrists! Something the student council president did actually worked! Though it still wouldn't have an effect on the outcome, he managed to get them with something! Kei must've really let his guard down backstage or something to let this happen.

"Their hands are cuffed?!?! What is the meaning of this!?!?" Akira demanded the council president.

"A-ah who knows? Maybe a handicap?" he replied nervously. This was definitely his doing.

"I see. In other words, they have to fight as one today." Akira announced. Hikari looked delighted at this, while Kei just scowled. He probably told her how much of a burden she was so now she's relieved she won't be excluded. It was just a guess, but I thought it made a lot of sense with this situation.

"The match is about to begin!" Akira announced, "The S.A versus the student council! This is a serious match with the S.A's lead on the line! how will it turn out?"

I scoffed. This match was as serious as the student council president was. He actually expected that he could get one of the top two places in the school like this? Please, this is a joke.

I watched as Kei and Hikari tried to fight, far from in sync. It was very amusing to watch since it looked more like Hikari trying to fight and Kei just holding her back so he can fight. I giggled a bit at how pathetic they were.

After a short while, things got "interesting", and for me, that's a very bad thing. It shouldn't even be called interesting anymore. It could be "then things went downhill" or something since "interesting" doesn't seem like the right word. Or maybe it is, who knows?

One of the fankyu brothers jumped towards Hikari and Kei pushed her out of the way, to the expense of his hand. With Kei's hand stuck under that fat oaf's foot, they were both stuck.

My heart tightened; I knew this wasn't right. I felt it. Kei could have simply kicked him away, yet he was frantic about saving Hikari, so naturally, he pushed her away. Although their cuff would have been stuck under the guy's foot anyways, Kei could've at least aimed to saved his hand. Was she this much of a burden, or....

Akira and Ryuu were announcing things while I was caught in my thoughts. "Just as planned" I heard someone whisper. I snapped out of my thoughts. "What do you mean just as planned?!" Akira and I yelled at the same time. This useless president was getting careless. He just gave away the fact that this is all his doing. "N-nothing! I didn't s-say anything!"

I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the match. Hikari was trying to pull the fankyu brother's leg off of Kei's hand but it didn't budge. 'Why didn't Kei just stand up or break the cuff or do SOMETHING already?' I watched as Hikari said something, then...did Kei just smile? 'What was going on?'

Kei finally pushed the fankyu brother off and stood up. He fought back the fankyu brothers then did things that sent all my memories from Kei's birthday flooding back. I watched with my eyes wide as Kei picked Hikari up and put her safely out of the ring. He smiled at her the same way he did before as he took many heavy kicks from both the fankyu brothers. Even I knew Kei could only take so much. Why would he go through all this for her? Why won't he just end this stupid match already?