Chapter 3

10 years later and I still woke up to Suzume's bright blue eyes. "Good morning, Akane-sama" she said cheerfully as she handed me my uniform and skipped down to the kitchen to make breakfast. I smiled at how she hasn't changed, even though everything else is changing. My parents have grown more distant from me since their work doesn't allow as much time to themselves as it used to. They don't visit nearly as often and we don't talk much anymore. I understand that they are working hard though, even if it makes me a little bit lonely. It's okay though because I made great friends. The S.A.

I changed into my S.A uniform and loosely curled my dark strawberry-blonde hair. I put two dark red rose clips on either side of my head and started walking to the kitchen. 'I guess my morning routine hasn't really changed either' I thought with a smile.

I ate my breakfast slowly, savoring the taste. Chocolate crepes were my favorite! "Hurry up Akane-sama, or you'll be late for school! You don't want to miss seeing your lovely Kei-sama in the morning don't you?" Suzume said, nudging me and grinning. 'Yup, still the same.' "Yes, yes. Now, you'd better get to the garden. You wouldn't want to miss your dear Shou with the flowers would you?" I said, winking and putting my plate in the sink.

Shou is Suzume's husband and if I didn't know any better, they are absolutely perfect for each other. They're both carefree and cheerful and just light up the world. There can be no better couple than them. They say it's like how me and Kei are perfect for each other but I know it's not true. Shou and Suzume are the best couple in the world, hands down.

"'Bye everyone! See you after school!" I said to whoever could hear. "Have a nice day, Akane!" a few maids and butlers said. 'At least THEY don't add the -sama' I thought with a small grin as I got into the car and headed for school.

I stepped out of my car and saw Hikari telling the other student to act normally. 'Still trying to act cool I see' I thought, rolling my eyes. "Kyaa~ Akane! Good morning!!" I heard as I got attacked by a blur of purple and white. "G-good morning Akira" I said, sweat dropping. She linked her arm in mine and started to skip into the school, dragging me behind. "Kyaa~~ it's first place Tsugaya Akane and sixth place Toudou Akira! How wonderful!" Everyone screamed as all the attention turned to us, leaving Hikari totally ignored. 'She's still very uninteresting' I smile sweetly and turn to Akira. "Shall we go?" I ask, as she nods and turns to Hikari. She has a fondness of that girl. "Let's go Hikari!" she yelled to her, waving her free arm. Said girl ran over to us and linked her arm with mine. My smile twitches and it takes all I have not to yank my arm away. "Well, let's hurry" I say quickly, pulling Akira and Hikari with me, wanting just to get to the S.A. Building.

Something about Hikari bothers me, but I dont know what. She hasn't actually done anything to me but for some reason, I just want her to disappear. I don't want her anywhere near me. On the other hand, ever since the day I met her I didn't particularly like her but I always overruled these thoughts with the logic in my head. 'She hasn't done anything. I should be friends with her. I shouldn't make an enemy over nothing. Enemies are never good.' Thats what I've been taught over the years. I just have to smile and go with it.

When we finally got to the S.A. Building, I finally pulled my arm from Hikari's and ran over to Megumi and Jun. "Megumi! Jun!" I yelled as I hugged them both, glad to be away from Hikari. I know I should befriend her but I can't help it. She's dense anyways. *morning~* "Good morning" they said, or write in Megumi's case.

They are like my brothers and sister, along with Ryuu. I played with them a lot as a kid and we trusted each other a lot. I've known them since I was very little since Megumi's parents and my parents are friends. They even worked together sometimes.

"Where's Ryuu?" Hikari asked from very close behind me before Jun and Megumi nodded to the side. "Ryuu nii-san~" I said while bounding towards him. 'Hikari can't keep her distance today, huh?' He turned his head my way as he smiled and I jumped in his back. "Whatcha doing?" Hikari asked as Ryuu turned around to reveal the sloth in his arms. "He really wanted me not take him to school today no matter what," he explained as I stood up beside Ryuu and it jumped into my arms. This sloth was my favorite of all Ryuu's animals, not that I didn't like all of them. "So it's a sloth today huh? Hikari said, getting closer to the sloth and waving her hand at it's face. I almost burst out laughing hysterically as it sliced off her bangs. "Unlike normal sloths, this one is really fast" Ryuu and I explained in unison. 'That's why he's my favorite' I thought, scratching it's head.