Chapter 15

"I don't understand."

"Just sit down and I'll explain again," Hikari said sitting on the floor behind Sui. He sighed with annoyance and sat in front of Hikari. "What do you want, stupid." Hikari held in an outburst and stared at Sui.

"What's your problem?"

"Today we're going to work on eye contact. To look at someone face to face means to have eye contact. Practice with me!" Hikari exclaimed.

"You don't get it, do you? Doing something like this wont help anything. It wont solve any problems. It's a waste of time." Sui said as he got back up.

"How do you know unless you try-"

"This isn't the problem! The matter of keeping eye contact isn't the problem, do you not understand?! It's him! He's the problem! My disgusting excuse for a brother! That emotionless thing made of ice and stone! Kei!" Sui spat venemously, every syllable filled with burning hate.

"That's not true! Kei cares about everyone. He was really happy when I made a rice ball for him. He even said 'thank you'"

"Do you love Kei? No. Are you in love with him?" Sui asked, looking straight into the eyes of the girl in front of him, a fake calmness masking his emotions.

"W-what!?"

------------------

"What are you talking about, Sakura? I'm not lying." I tried to deny it but Sakura's eyes bore into mine with intensity. It would make even the most skilled liars squirm, and in my current state, I couldn't withstand this in the slightest.

"Akane, I've known you for a long time and even though we haven't had much time to spend together recently, I can clearly tell that you are lying." Her eyes softened, "You're hiding something painful, aren't you."

I lowered my eyes and bit my lip. Is it me? Am I the one who's readable, or is it because I befriend people who have the ability to read me. Ryuu, Sakura, even Kei knows, not that he cares.

"I'm just shattering, aren't I?" I said, not sure if I were asking myself or Sakura, "No matter how much I deny it, I'm just falling apart, aren't I? I can't stand it anymore! My heart is breaking. It's ripping into a million pieces! I tried, I really did. I tried to hold together. I just...I don't-" I was cut off as Sakura hugged me. It was right there, right in that cute little cafe, where I totally and utterly broke down.

----------------

"I asked you a question. Are you going deaf too?" Sui snapped, getting extremely annoyed with the idiot sitting in front of him.

"H-he's my rival!" Hikari forced out, stumbling on her words.

"So?"

"So I can't-"

"Oh? Is that so. Liar. You come here because my brother is here, Don't you? You want to get closer? You want to be the one he loves most? You want to push out Nee-chan?"

"W-what?"

"Don't think I don't see it!" Sui glared at Hikari. "Now I see why..." he murmured to himself as he left his room and slammed the door, cutting off whatever words Hikari were trying to say.

---------

I told her everything. The entire story from beginning to end. All my thoughts. All my feelings. Everything.

"I just don't know what to do! I'm so weak! I just can't move on. Not like this. He was my first real friend. The first one I could really and truly trust. He was always there. Even before Ryuu and the twins! Sitting with me at breakfast, listening to Suzume's teasing hints, meeting with his father's friends. I just-" I cut myself off with a broken sob.

"There's no definite proof-"

"That's what everyone says! Everyone says it's just me. I'm just making up stuff. It's just paranoia. There's no proof of this. I swear to god I will murder the next person who tries to comfort me with that. I can see! I'm not blind! I know things! I'm not oblivious! This is real!" I frustratedly exclaimed, dropping my fist onto the table and making a slight dent. Like I cared about the random strangers sending me looks.

Sakura looked taken aback for a second before she grinned maliciously and leaned in towards me. "Listen up 'cause I've got a plan to sort this out."