Chapter 10: Jumpscare

~Exits from the gaming room~

Mina: huh?....oh hey guys!!! How's the gaming going?

Lex: Not bad. Gem here is a natural first timer!! *hits her shoulder lightly*

Palmer: *nervously laughs* Yea, I guess you can say that haha... 'Thanks to Wade for that...'

Mina: Where you guys heading right now?

Lex: Oh!...We were going to the snack bar to get some food!

Uraraka: Ah I see! Well I'll probably get some later!

Lex: Ok! *goes to Mina and whispers* How's operation TodoDeku coming along?

Mina: Huh!!...How did you know?!

Lex: *winks* I think they look cute together..hehe *looks back up at the others* Well we'll see you guys later!

Toru, Ururaka, and Asui: *nods* See ya!

~at the front of the snack bar~

Lex: So what are you up for?

Palmer: ah- *looks at the different options* 'Oh dear...' uhm....I'm not sure...

Lex: *looks to see some sweats* Do you like sweets Gem?

Palmer: Huh oh yes I do.

Lex: Have you ever tried a sweat called Konpeito?

Palmer: *shakes head* No I haven't actually.

Lex: *tells person working there that she is buying a bag of Pocky and Konpeito* I call them Stardust candy!! I like them!!! But not as much as Pocky, Macaroons, etc.! But they are
enjoyable to eat!! *grabs the bought items and gives Gem the Konpeito*

Palmer: Oh, thank you *grabs the Konpeito and unwraps it, and grabs one and takes a bite out of it* Oh- *eyes sparkle* This is actually really good.

Lex: See and you can also tell people that you ate a star!! But that will probably only work on people that ate the sweet before...hehe

Palmer: haha yea, *grabs another and eats it* I don't think I've ever seen these in New York before.

Lex: Woah!! You never said you where from New York!!!! How is the big city there? Is it as people say? Busy streets and a beautiful park in the middle with a lake and city animals roaming
around? Oh and at night is it true it's 'The City That Never Sleeps'?

Palmer: *sweats nervously* Oh oops...... I said that out loud? Uhm... well... 'What have I started?'

Lex: *sees her uncomfortable*...Oh shoot there I go again...*hits her head* Don't worry about it!! You don't have to answer!!...I just get a little excited about new things..Come on we gotta get back to the room before Bakugo beats Kiri and Kami in the game!!!

Palmer: 'phew that was close' Right! *nods*

~heads back in the room but not without checking on the two~