Talk Love

"So... have you ask her yet?" Jax wanted to know from Jon as they were driving back to the headquarters. His long body leaned forward on the car seat, eagerly waiting for a reply.

They had landed two hours ago after attending to some important business matters for the past few days, on behalf of the Blue Dragon Gang. Now they had a moment to relax on their way home.

Mark had his eyes closed, trying to catch up on missed out sleep, Dray was typing something on his phone, and Jax was bored and looking for a topic to chat about.

Jon sighed and furrowed his prominent eyebrows.

"Nah... Our schedules always clash. When I wanted to do it last time, she was called to the hospital because of an emergency. Then we went to China on her next day off and we've only got back today. She's busy preparing for some big operation this week so she doesn't even want me to come over later. She said she'll have some time off a few days from now, but I won't be here either, because we already have another appointment with the gang leaders of the Alliance," he stated, his light brown eyes fixed on the hustle and bustle on the road in front of them. "I dunno man... the process of even getting engaged is starting to seem very tiresome. If our parents wouldn't kill me, I'd just elope and sign the damn papers somewhere."

"You guys are so annoying. You've been dating for years now, how is she still not my official sister in law? Our statistical life expectancy isn't that long, you know. Better hurry up and seal the deal so you can start a family," Jax pouted.

"Why do you care so much about Sy?" Jon wanted to know.

"I... like her family," his brother replied mysteriously and pushed a strand of his shoulder-length hair back. With the many colorful bracelets on his wrist as a contrast to his dark, heavy fabric clothes one could have mistaken him for some indie rock musician.

"1,000 bucks it's the younger one he's interested in. Once the elder sister is married and out of the house he can up his game," Dray mentioned, disinterested in completely engaging.

Suddenly, Jon stepped on the brakes, almost causing Jax to hit his nose on the back of the front seat.

"HEY!" Jax whined. "What was that about?!" Jon just shot him a deadly stare through the rear-view mirror.

"Touch her sister, and I make sure you suffer from your collection of lethal weapons, Jaxon. If you fuck up my relationship with any of your childish games, I promise you'll never see the light of day again," Jon threatened, referring to Jax's position in the RYUBLUE Squad as the explosives and weapon specialist.

The RYUBLUE Squad was just as famous as it was mysterious to the general public and other mobster clans. Since it only handled special tasks, no one could predict when it would make an appearance. Sometimes it went unnoticed for months or even years. Then it would appear out of the blue, guns a-blazing. Given the long history, the public believed that the members had changed over the decades.

The name RYUBLUE itself was a reference to the Blue Dragon Gang. It was a special task force of highly skilled elite mobsters that was exclusively serving the leaders of the Blue Dragon Gang, meaning the Ryu family. In the field of professionals, it made the impossible possible - no matter what it was. Its name was feared among the whole Alliance. The domestic mobster conglomerate ruled the underground scene and the entire country as well.

But only a handful of people knew the actual identities of the squad members, including their own 'family'. Everyone thought that leader Drayce Ryu, vice leader Jonathan Leeland as well as Jaxon Leeland and Mark Kana were only high ranking clan members who coordinated the important business for the head of the Blue Dragon Gang. No one expected them to do risky jobs themselves as it was very unusual. This fact served as a perfect alibi.