Chapter 2

"Now that everyone's calmed down, let's settle this... Who brought the four of you here to my home?" I asked the girls whime they are all sitting down on the couch.

"Thief stole us!" Weiss pointed at me.

"I told you I was never a thief. Why would I even steal children who I can't even take care of?" I said to her.

I look to the side and saw Ruby hugging the small red blanket she's holding. Later, she looks at me for a moment. I stared back at her and her next move isn't what I expected. She pointed her small index finger at me and smiled.

"Dada!" She happily called me that.

"W-what? No, I'm not your dad."

"Dada!" She slightly glared at me.

"This kid's dangerous.." I mumbled.

"Mister.. why are we here?" Blake asked me as she looks around.

"Like I said, who brought you four here? Don't you have any parents to take care of you?" I asked.

The three of them shook their heads as their answer. I only sigh and try to think this through, I sat down on the couch between Weiss and Yang and the four of them looked at me, I grabbed Ruby and placed her on my lap.

"Dada! Carry!" Ruby happily clapped her hands.

"Adorable." I poked her nose.

"Hey, hey mister. Are you our papa?" Yang asked, eager to know my answer.

"No, I am not your father. The reason why you all are here is because someone didn't want the responsibility to take care of you so they left you outside my house and forced to put that responsibility to me." I explained.

The three looked puzzled at me, I facepalm myself. Of course they still don't know some words that I said to them.

"Listen here, I've decided to put the four of you under my care for as long as I can. I'll try and find out who are your real parents." I said.

"Dada!" Ruby beamed.

"You are our papa?!" Yang asked again.

"For now, yes." I said.

"Blakey! Weiss! We now have a papa!" She cheered.

"Thief is our daddy?" Weiss asked.

"I told you, I'm not a thief. How about you four get some sleep." I stand up, while Ruby is in my arms.

"Dada... sleep.." Ruby soon closed her eyes and fell asleep.

"You three come on, follow me." I looked at them.

"Okay." They responded and got down from the couch then followed me.

We walked up the stairs and are now in the second floor of my home, walking a bit more in the narrow hall, I stopped in front of my bedroom. I opened it and entered inside, I let the other three in and look back at them.

"You three will be sleeping here in the meantime. So rest up." I said.

I each helped them climb up my bed and cover them with the blanket.

"Good night papa!" Yang gave me a smile before going to sleep.

"Right... goodnight as well." I said.

I watch them fall asleep first before exiting the room and closing the door. I walked back downstairs and went to the living room, I put Ruby down on the couch and placed a soft pillow under her head and covering her with the red blanket. I look at myself and realized I'm still wearing my work uniform, at least I'm not wearing my blazer.

Sitting down on the other side of the couch, I later fell asleep as well. Man tonight is quite tiring, good thing I'm still on my break tomorrow.

.....................

I woke up to the voice of someone waking me up, I groaned in my sleep and slowly open my eyes. My eyesight is slightly blurry so I rubbed them a bit and once I can see clearly, the first things I saw are the girls staring at me.

"Daddy is now awake!" Blake said.

"Papa we're hungy!" Yang said.

"Augh... what time is it..." I looked at the wall clock and saw that it's only seven in the morning.

Standing up, I stretched my arms and pick up Ruby before walk towards the kitchen. I open the fridge and grab a few eggs and two tomatoes. Placing Ruby down on one of the chairs, I began to cook us breakfast.

I first turn on the stove then add some cooking oil and let the pan heat up, in the meantime I chopped the tomatoes and later cracked and placed the eggs on the pan.

"Woah... Daddy knows how to cook." Weiss said.

"You three, keep an eye on your little sister while I cook your breakfast." I ordered them.

"Okay!" They said before going towards Ruby and play with her.

Minutes later, I finally finished cooking and placed four plates on the table and each added the eggs on it. Blake, Weiss and Yang then sat down on each chair and put Ruby on one of the vacant chairs.

They all began to eat their food while I feed the toddler. She looks really happy that I'm feeding her. They all seem like pretty good kids when they grow up, I wonder why someone abandoned them. Oh well, it's probably one of those typical reasons.

Suddenly I heard the doorbell ringing, I place down the fork and hurriedly went to the front door. I unlocked it first then opened it, a familiar girl is standing in front of me with a smile.

"Hey Y/N! How's my big brother doing at this moment?" Emma said.

"Hi Emma, it's been a while since you last came here. Come inside." I made way for her.

She entered inside and I close the door, Emma looks around for a second before following me to the kitchen.

"Nothing sure has changed here, huh?" She said.

"I don't like changing much, that's all." I said while starting to feed Ruby again.

"Woah." She said in disbelief.

"Something wrong?" I looked at her.

"Yes... them... never heard you had kids." She said ponting at the four.

I look at Emma and back at the other four who were looking at us. Sighing, I grab my sister by her shoulders.

"What I'm about to do is explain everything to you."