Chapter 5

A week had passed since the day of the adoption and I'm now back to work. Currently I'm writing down something on some crucial paperworks in my office. Even if it's only a week, I kinda miss being here, sometimes I just like work more. I finished some of the paperworks and decide to take a small break, I grab one of the books on the side of my table and began to read it.

And while on work, these are only one of the things I do while taking a break. It can be boring, yes but I'll just have to find some ways to make it not boring. As I was about to flip the next page, a knock was heard from my door. I called for them to enter inside and saw that it's the assistant manager of my company.

"Do you need anything?" I asked, closing the book and putting it back on the side of the table.

"I am only here to state my daily report, sir." She said.

"Okay, go on." I told her.

She proceeded to tell me everything important about what had happened in the building. Along with telling me some few benefits on a new product that was discussed about in the past week. Hearing this, I was slightly impressed, not uttering a single word as she speak, all I kept doing was nodding my head. Just as we are getting near to the end of the discussion, the door flung open. And some familiar little kids began running inside my office and stopping beside me.

"Papa, we're here!"

I look at them to see my adopted daughters, all happily beaming at me. This truly does surprise me though, didn't expect them to suddenly show up when I asked Emma to keep an eye on them back in the house.

Speaking of the devil, my sister entered inside holding Ruby in her arms. My assistant managers was just as surprised as me, seeing them.

"Well what a surprise to see you five here." I said.

"Heyo bro! The girls were bored and wondering where you work at, so I brought them here! Hope you don't mind the sudden visit." Emma told me.

"You could've waited in the lobby and made an appointment, not busting in my office without permission, I'm in the middle of my work here you know. You may leave us for now." I gestured at my assistant manager and sighed afterwards.

"Have a good day, sir." She then turns around and walks out of the office, closing the door behind her.

"I know that, but the girls just wanted to see you already. Right girls?" Emma gazes at the three little children standing beside me.

"Yeah! We miss you so much, it's so lonely in the house." Weiss stated, latching on my arm.

"Daddy you're gone for too long." Blake said.

"I was only at work for this whole morning, and you guys already miss me that match?" I questioned.

The girls nodded in response, I only looked at them for a moment until I decided to stand up and give them a hug.

"Hearing that from my new daughters makes my heart melt. I miss you girls too!" I dramatically stated, smiling.

"Papa is gonna cry!" Yang giggled.

"No I am not. Your dad will not be tearing up over such thing." I said, releasing them from the hug and sitting back down on my chair.

"So what work were you doing just now?" Emma asked, walking over and looking at the papers.

"Oh, just some quick discussion about some new product until you guys showed up." I said.

"Daddy, play with us!" Blake insisted.

"I can't at the moment, girls. Still got work to do." I replied.

"Aww, when will you get out of work then?" Weiss asked.

"Maybe early or late at night." I answered.

"But then we won't get to play then..." Yang said, saddened.

"I know. I'm sorry girls, but I still need to finish my work. I'll make sure to make it up to you soon." I said patting their heads.

"You promise?" Blake asked.

The three of them all looked at me with hopeful eyes, staring at those makes me guilty. I smiled.

"I promise." I said.

"Pinky promise?" Weiss raised her pinky finger at me the same goes to Blake and Yang.

"Yeah, pinky promise." I lock fingers with them.

Emma decided to hand Ruby over to me and I spend my time making her laugh. She's getting used to saying some new words now, which makes me happy as her new father.

"And it's already noon, time to eat lunch everyone!" Emma called.

She opens the bag that she has and pulls out a bunch of lunch boxes. My sister is always prepared, as expected. She placed my lunch box in front of me and I thanked her, the girls then sat down on the sofa and began to eat their lunch.

"Aunt Emma always has delicious food!" Yang exclaimed.

"Of course I have! I make them after all, now eat up so you cuties can have lots of energy later." Emma said to them.

"Okay!" They happily stated.

I watch them as they eat their food, seeing this makes me smile. I began to feed Ruby with the food Emma cooked specifically for her, she's enjoying the food. After I finished feeding her, I hand her over back to Emma and began to eat my food.

Before I knew it, I was already hungry. Good thing Emma came here, I don't know what food will I be eating when she didn't arrive here. Once we're all done eating, Emma collected the lunch boxes and placed them back in her bag.

The girls all watch me writing on some of the paperworks. While doing so, they kept asking me questions on what kind of work in doing. I explained it to them and also added the part that I own the company and they were all amazed.

"Daddy is so cool! He owns a company!" Blake said, her eyes sparkling.

"Papa might be on top of the world!" Yang stated, making some gestures.

"Daddy is a good worker and makes lots of money!" Weiss said.

They started to talk about how great I am, that I have such job and own a company.

"I think you girls are overexaggerating my job there." I chuckled nervously.