Chapter 16

For about three hours later since our date started, it was now time for me and Sylvia to head home. The both of us had fun spending our night together during our date. This will be one of the most memorable moments in our lives.

We arrived at my home and I parked the car, Sylvia steps out of the vehicle before me and the two of us walked to the front door. I unlocked the door with my keys and open it, the whole place is quiet and dark. The light coming from the living room can be seen from here, Aron must be inside there.

I walked in the living room with Sylvia behind me and was slightly surprised by the view I'm seeing. It was Aron sitting down on the couch, holding Ruby in his arms as she sleeps. Laying on his thighs are Weiss and Nora who are sound asleep, and a little further from them are Blake and Yang hugging each other as they sleep.

"A little help here would be much appreciated." Aron whispered, despite that I can hear the sarcasm in his voice.

"You look more fatherly like that." I quietly said and chuckled.

"The girls didn't caused any disturbances, did they?" Sylvia asks as she goes to Blake and Yang to check on them.

"Well, your toddler here cried for like twenty minutes after her toy fell on the ground." He said grumpily.

"Poor guy." I smiled.

"I don't need your sympathy, thank you very much." He gives me an irritated look.

I took Ruby from his arms and let her sleep on me, Aron gently removes Weiss' head from his thigh and picks up Nora.

"We'll let you stay for the night since it's already late." I said to him.

"Thanks, wouldn't want to take the bus at this hour." He said.

"Wait, you didn't used your car to go here?" I said as I raise a brow.

"No, the engine is busted so I had to repair it." He replied.

"That explains it. I'll go and get change now, Sylvia you should too. I'll get back down here once I'm done." I gently placed Ruby on the couch.

I went upstairs to my bedroom and got dressed into my sleepwear, once I'm done, I headed to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After wiping the water off of my face with a towel, I walked back in the living room.

"Wanna grab something to drink and chat before we go to sleep?" I asked Aron.

"Sure thing." He places Nora on the couch and the both of us walked in the kitchen.

I grabbed a bottle of wine from one of the cabinets and two glasses, pouring them each with it and handing one to Aron. He grabs the glass and inspects the drink before taking a small sip from it.

"Did you guys drank while you're out on your date?" He asks.

"Not much since I need to drive." I responded.

"Cool, so how did it go?" He questioned.

"It went well, me and Sylvia had a great night on our date." I smiled.

"I told ya asking her out was a good idea." He chuckles.

"Oh shut up." I said.

"You guys aren't gonna sleep yet?" Sylvia walks in.

"We're just having a drink before we hit the hay, want to join us?" Aron asks her.

"No thanks, though I'll be joining you two on the chatting if you don't mind." Sylvia said.

"Sure." I said.

"So... did the two of you get all lovey dovey?" Aron smirked at us.

"What?" Both me and Sylvia blushed at this.

"I mean, come on. Even though it's your first date, there's gotta be those kinds of moments." Aron shrugs his arms.

"You're exaggerating.." I said.

"That kind of thing would never happen between me and him." Sylvia said.

"Are you sure about that, miss? Expect many more dates in the future and probably a proposal and wedding as well." Aron smirks at her.

"I-I... Why would I expect that anyway?" Sylvia blushes.

"Just tell him already." Aron whispered something to her but I didn't quite hear it.

"Will you stop with that please?" Sylvia is now a blushing mess.

"You shouldn't stress a lady out in the middle of the night. That's not a very gentleman thing to do." I said as I take a sip.

"All right, all right. I'll stop, by the way Y/N... about one of your kids." Aron's expression suddenly changes.

"What about her?" I asks.

"You adopted all of them correct? The faunus one, if I remember correctly, she looks a lot like someone I know." He said.

"So you mean.." Sylvia didn't bother finishing that sentence.

"I'm not jumping to any conclusions yet, though I'm guessing that she's probably their daughter..." He said.

"You know someone that is probably related to one of my daughters?" I said.

"Yes, should we try and find it out ourselves if it's true? Maybe we can ask them some questions too on why did they abandon the kid like that." Aron asks.

"I think it'd be best to not let them butt in in this matter anymore." I said.

"Why's that?" He asks.

"Because Blake is already happy being here with him. We wouldn't want to let her get all sad once she finds out about her real parents." Sylvia explained it for me.

"Guess you're right about that." He slowly nods.

"I may be a nice guy, but I sometimes don't like giving people chances. If they decided to abandon their child and not interact with them anymore, it'll remain like that." My mood slowly changes a little there.

"The fatherly side of you is already kicking in, huh? All right, we'll just leave it like that." Aron finishes his drink.

"Sir, I just wanted to ask this, what if one of the girls' real parents tries to get back to them?" Sylvia looks at me.

"Perhaps I'll try and talk them about it, and maybe if they're lucky enough I'll let them see their child for a moment." I said.

A little later, Weiss suddenly walks in the kitchen rubbing her eyes. The three of us look at her and I stepped closer to her.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"Daddy I'm hungry.." She said.

"We'll get you some food then. Sylvia, will you help me with that?" I looked at her.

"Yes, sir." She smiles.

"What a nice family this is..." Aron smiles.