Special Chapter: Baking Lesson

Note: The following chapter is non canon and is intended for entertainment while you wait months [maybe :P] for the next chapter.

Reminder: All of the characters ages have been altered so they will be older than their current ages.

~~~~~

"We're hungryyyyy..." All four of the girls groaned as they lean down on the empty table.

"Then how about you go and get something to eat?" Said their father as he is currently occupied with his work on a separate table.

"But there's nothing to eat." Yang whined, her stomach growling loudly afterwards.

"Dad, why did you send Sylvia on vacation when we needed her the most..?" Blake lazily spoke out.

"I want foooood!" Ruby yelled all of a sudden.

"Do I really have to tell you what to do..? There's more than enough ingredients in the cabinets and fridge, why don't you girls cook something to eat for yourselves?" Y/N sighed frustratingly.

"But we don't know how to cook, nor bake!" Yang replied, swinging her arms up.

"Okay, fine. I guess this work can wait..." He stands up from his desk and began walking out of the room. "Follow me."

"Where are we going?" Weiss asked.

[Nix: Dora reference, anyone? No wait, I'm sor--]

"To the kitchen of course. Where else would we be cooking?" He replied sarcastically to her.

"Ohhh, nice." Yang commented.

"Wait... you're gonna cook for us?!" Ruby asked in her usual hyper tone.

"No, we are going to cook." He emphasized.

[Nix: There's nothing better than communism. Amiright?]

"We don't know how to cook though." Ruby said.

"Girls, I did not raise you four to be ignorant. Now as your father, it is essential that I at least teach you the basics in life. And that is learning how to cook." He lectured.

"I understand. So what are we going to be cooking?" Weiss questioned as they arrive in the kitchen.

"Oh! Oh! Can we bake instead?! I wanna eat some cookies!" Ruby requested enthusiastically.

"That sounds good, but do your sisters agree on that?" Y/N asked while he goes to the sink to wash his hands.

"Sounds cool, I'm good with anything." Yang said.

"I'm okay with that as well." Blake replied.

"I have no objections with it." Weiss spoke.

"Cookies it is. Good thing that option is easier to do." He mumbled the last part. "I'll add in some muffins as well since they're my specialty in baking." He added.

"Muffins!" The girls' eyes sparkled as they heard that particular word.

"I see, so you also like those." He goes go grab all the ingredients from the cabinets and the refrigerator.

Once all the essential ingredients are placed on the counter, the five of them had all gathered closed. Y/N had made sure his daughters had washed their hands and are ready to start baking the cookies.

"So instead of me, assisting you all while you work on the dough, I'll be demonstrating it while you copy what I'm doing instead. So you girls better pay attention." He stated.

"Yessir!" They replied in unison.

"Okay! Let's start!"

And so he began to make the dough with the other four following the steps. Since there aren't enough materials, they were split in two groups, with Ruby and Weiss paired up and Yang and Blake on another group. While they were in the middle of creating the dough, either Ruby or Yang would often leave out some childish statements and interfere his lecturing like saying;

"Into the pit of doom you go!"

"Time to beat this egg up!"

"Hehe, you spin me right 'round baby, right 'round, like a re-"

Both Blake and Weiss couldn't handle their antics as much unlike Y/N. Despite how it may seem easy to do the dough, the girls find themselves struggling. Even though they didn't noticed, their father was paying attention to every single move they make as they attempt to create the perfect cookie dough.

"How are you four holding up?" He asked them.

"I accidentally put too much salt..." Blake said disappointingly.

"Yep... you should've used a measuring spoon instead of sprinkling it right from the container." Yang said.

"Well that was a waste. Don't worry, try and remove the salt if you can." He said.

"Okay." Is all she said before putting all of her focus on separating the salt.

"Cheer up, Blakey! It's only our first time baking, we'll get better at this soon." Yang tried to lighten up her sister's mood, which it worked.

Y/N let out a smile as he continued on working on his own. Once he was done, he placed his work into the oven and heated it up to let it bake. He decide to spectate the two groups as he waits, seeing them bond while they learn has given him so much happiness.

"Ruby, don't eat all of the chips! There'll be no more for the cookie dough if you ate them all!" Weiss scolded her.

"But it's tasty! I couldn't help it." She sheepishly replied.

"Dolt, can't you at least wait until these are baked..." She sighed.

"Be careful, Blake. Don't let them stick to each other." Yang reminded her.

"I got this, you don't need to remind me about it." Blake responded.

"It got to the end of the tray though..."

"Oh..."

All Y/N could do is chuckle at all of their silly actions. About a couple of minutes of waiting had passed, he opens the oven and takes out the trays of his own baked cookies and muffins.

"Woah.." The girls were in awe at the sight.

"Can I have one? Pretty please?!" Ruby pleaded.

"All right, each of you can have one. Now finish yours first and put it in the oven." He takes a piece of cookie.

They did what they have told him and now they were all waiting for the rest of the cookies to be baked. Upon taking the cookies and muffins, Ruby was the first to grab some and the only one who has consume five each already in a matter of a minute. Y/N had to scold her in order for her to stop.

"I want mooore!!" Ruby desperately tries to reach for the tray of cookies but Yang is preventing her from doing so.

"Learn how to control yourself, Ruby. Your sisters haven't even eaten about half of what you ate altogether." Y/N told her.

"But... but... cookies." Her eyes teared up and she showed those puppy eyes, her primary weapon.

"No.. I'm not gonna fall for that again." Y/N immediately looked the other way.

"There's more cookies, Rubes. Just wait for a moment to let them bake." Yang told her.

"Speaking of which, they're burning." Blake nonchalantly pointed out.

".... Take the cookies out, now!!" Y/N yelled out.

[Nix: And that is how the house burnt down, The End!]