Chapter 26

"Ruby... Do you want to see your real mother?" Were the words that came out of my mouth while I was feeding her in the kitchen.

Her only reaction was looking at me puzzled. "Mama?" She said so innocently.

It's been 3 weeks since I had a talk with Alice back in my office and finding out her mother's whereabouts. I took my time to reconsider this so I'll at least pay this woman a visit before all is too late. Giving the adorable child a smile, stroking her hair gently.

"Yes, your mother. Since you're still so young and you won't probably remember all of this but I'll give her a chance to see you." I retracted my hand from her head and grabbed a piece of grape. "I'm sure she'll also be happy once she sees you."

"Oooh... Let's go!" She replied with enthusiasm, which is strangely surprising for me.

"Great. Maybe the next day or in a few days, we'll head there." I said as I feed her the grape.

"Hm!" She happily hummed in response, enjoying the taste of the fruit.

"Take that!" A familiar cheerful voice was heard from the other room.

Later on, I could hear multiple footsteps getting louder and louder until the trio arrive in the kitchen. Blake is seen holding a ball as the other two run from her, laughing and giggling to themselves. Seeing them all gleeful and filled with energy is soothing, I'd hope that this goes on for a long time for them.

"You can't hit me!" Said Yang as she playfully sticks out her tongue at her sister.

"Stay still and I will!" Blake retorted then goes back to running after them.

"Oh no. Run, Weiss!" Yang pushes the snow haired child in front of her.

"W-woah..!" She almost lost her balance and was about to fall when she was pushed. "Don't do that!" Weiss scolded her as they run away from Blake.

"Ehehe, sorry!" Yang apologized sheepishly.

"Be careful, girls." I called out, "They're full of energy as always." I smiled.

"Indeed they are," Sylvia chimes in as she walks in the kitchen, holding an empty cup, "Reminds me of myself when I was a child. Always running around and getting hurt in the end." 

"Both me and Emma used to be like that too. I think every kid has experienced that." I replied, smiling then proceeding to feed Ruby with another fruit.

"Yum!" Ruby exclaimed, raising her arms high.

"By the way... Sylvia. I'll be tasking you to watch over the three this time." I looked at her.

"Huh? Is there somewhere you needed to head to, sir?" She asks before walking over to the sink to place down the cup she was holding.

"Yes, I'll be taking Ruby along with me since she's needed in the place we'll be going to." I answered.

"May I ask where are you two heading?"

"To the neighboring town heading to the police station. We'll only take an hour or so, so you don't have to wonder about how long will we take." I said to her. 

"Ah, if you say so." She gives me a small smile.

"Dada..!" Ruby's voice suddenly called out for me.

"Huh? What is it, Ruby?" I look at her and her gaze at me has made me assume she has something important to say.

"Dada, marry mama." Or maybe not.

"W-what?" Both me and Sylvia were taken back by her request.

"Yes." She demands.

"Ruby... I don't know how you learned that word at such young age, but I think I won't be doing that. Haha.." I laughed nervously.

[Notice: Reading the sentence carefully, the usage of the word "think" means there's a possibility something will happen.]

Did I heard something? Nevermind, it's probably my head messing with me. Right after Ruby had said that, I immediately got a little sweaty and nervous because I don't know what will Sylvia think of this. Speaking of which, I looked back at her and see her face look all flustered, and... I think there's a hint of sadness?

Wait a second...

"Wait, wait, wait! Sylvia, d-don't tell me!–" My face went red all of a sudden.

"H-huh?! It's not what you think it is, sir!" Her cheeks begin to burn up as well.

"It is what I think it is! Don't listen to what the child says about this!" I told her.

"How could you, sir!"

All because of a 2 year old child's silly demand, both Sylvia and I became a blushing mess. We ended up not making contact frequently the whole day because of it. This totally sounded like we're in a relationship, though we officially aren't.

"Just make a move on her already, you bozo!" I could hear Emma's voice in my head just by remembering that part.

What I didn't noticed was that I was blushing again. Even though no one was watching me, I still got embarrassed. When it comes to these types of things in life, I'm pretty much not an expert. Guess I've used too much of my brain that I became stupid.

"Papa is looking weird... his face has red paint on it." I suddenly heard Yang whispering outside my room.

"You're a dolt, Yang. That's not red paint..!" I could hear Weiss as well.

"I think he has a fever, we should help him." And of course, Blake would be joining them too.

"Eh? But he looks fine though." Yang says in confusion.

"Let's check up on him when he sleeps." Blake said.

"Oooh, let's do that. Then we will watch over him while he rests." Weiss agreed to her sister's suggestion.

"Taking care of papa is our next mission!" Yang exclaimed.

"Girls." I spoke, sternly.

"Uh oh..." They knew themselves they're doomed.

"You know I don't like it when you spy on me like that." I said.

"Daddy's in mad dummy mode, run!" Blake shouted and the three of them immediately start sprinting downstairs.

I chuckled at Blake's sentence, "They're so precious." I smiled to myself.