Chapter 19

Kevin's POV-

   When Pitch shows up my blood starts to heat up. Why is he here? How did he even find us? He better keep away from Fiona, she's mine.

   "Hey." He says bluntly. Fiona's expression is shocked when I look at her.

   "H-Hi. What- How did you..." She stutters with her words, speechless. I hate this, Pitch is doing this to her and I don't know what it means.

   "Why did you leave? With him?" He asks her, his voice sounding hurt before he glances at me and then back at Fiona.

   "Because..." She says quietly, fumbling with her fingers.

   "Because she loves me." I finish for her, smirking at Pitch. I knew it would make him mad. Fiona gives me a death glare, she only gives me death glares and I hate that.

   "I don't love him." Fiona says, emphasizing the word love and then she looks at Pitch.

   "Then why did you leave with me?" I ask her, my tone annoyed and mocking. It hurts but I won't let her or him see that. She gives me another death glare and sighs.

   "Why are you being such a jerk now? You haven't been like this since I left with you. Does Pitch make you that nervous, Kevin?" Fiona asks me, using a sarcastic tone but not showing any emotion at all. I love her new use of sarcasm but I hate it when she hides her emotions. I give her a warning glare because her last question was pushing it and she roles her eyes. She looks back at Pitch apologeticly. "I left with him because if I didn't he would hurt you, kill you. I couldn't let that happen." She says, standing up and getting ready to leave. But just as she takes a step, I grabs her wrist and pull her down to sit in my lap. I wrap my arms around her quickly, making sure she can't leave. Fiona doesn't try to get up at first but then she tries to push herself up with her hands. She sighs as she gives up, her shoulders slump and Pitch reaches his hand out to help her.

   "She's mine, get lost." I growl at Pitch. This is making making me look weak, over protective and very worried. Crap. Fiona grabs his hand and I let go. I have to do something to change that I look weak.

   "Thanks." Fiona says, walking around him right after. She wants to leave, she's been avoiding Pitch for so long. I don't know why but I don't care, I don't want her near Pitch.

   "Are you ok?" He asks her but she doesn't answer. She just looks out as she stands in front of him, on the edge of the roof, facing in the direction of the road. "Fiona?" Can't he leave her alone she doesn't want to see you. Her head snaps up but she doesn't look back at him.

   "Yeah, I'm fine..." She says, her voice trailing off at the end. He seems to grow more worried. Then she takes off, disappearing as she runs. Invisibility, she's been practicing her powers alot, a distraction I guess. He takes a step to run after her but I jerk and spin him around to be face to face with me.

   "Stay away from her, she's mine now." I growl at him, ready to kill him but Fiona would hate me for it.

    "Now? Whose was she before?" He asks, smirking. He better not be pulling my crap on me. I wish Fiona could see him this way.

   "You know what I mean." I growl and his smirk grows. I hate that freaking smirk.

   "Actually, I don't. Why don't you explain it to me?" He asks, his smirk never fading. I growl, literaly growl at him.

   "Just stay away from her." I say, deep and stern before I walk around him to storm off. But instead, I run into something or someone.

   "You almost told him..." She whispers, her voice worried and stressed. I just grab her wrist and turn her around as I walk off, I want to get out of here but I'm not leaving her with him.