Chapter 6

Pitch's POV-

   My first instinct is to take her home but I know she doesn't want to go there and she wants to sleep, so the woods isn't an option. I decide to take her to my place, but when we get there her eyes are tightly shut. I'm confused until I see her hands move to her head. She has a headache, she isn't used to that type of travel yet so it was expected since she wasn't prepared for it.

   "Are you alright?" I ask her, and she opens her eyes. She looks around before answering.

   "I'm fine." She says as she brings her hands down to hide in her pockets. "What is this place?" She asks, taking a few steps forward. And I smile, she seems to like it.

   "This is my place. Do you like it?" I ask her, and I don't hide the grin playing on my lips. And she looks back at me, as if she is unsure how to respond.

   "Um, yeah. It's nice... Dark..." She says, whispering the last part with a barely noticeable smile to most but I just barely could hear it, but her smile was clear as day to me. I smiled, I didn't expect her to like the fact it was dark, almost like nothingness really.

   "I'm glad you like it. I was going to take you home but I didn't think you really wanted to go there." I say, knowing if she goes home she'd be put to work or yelled at when she just wants sleep, needs it really. Her eyes are starting to grow heavy with every second she's awake to think of everything.

   "Um, I don't really... But I probably should, I don't want my grandparents to worry..." She says, but I know she's lying about the last part. She knows her grandparents wouldn't care if something happened to her, just that they wouldn't have a slave anymore. What she's really worried about is her grandparents getting mad, she can't stand making people mad.

   "Don't worry about them, you can stay here. You need sleep anyways, you can sleep anywhere you want to." I say, hoping she will stay here so she doesn't have to go home to her grandparents. She looks at her feet, thinking of what to do, to say.

   "Ok, thank you." She says, looking up and giving me a small, half sided smile.

   "I'll leave you to sleep then. If you need anything just call for me, ok?" I tell her, knowing she won't ask for anything but I still offer.

   "Ok, thank you. Um, bye." She says, and she slowly walks away. I go back to the shadows to keep a distant watch over her.

   Fiona's POV-

   As I walk away, I don't stop for a second to do some sight seeing. It's like my dreams; dark, peaceful, nothingness. Gosh, Pitch must feel like he's in paradise here. No problems, no worries, no need to think of anything. I know I said sight seeing and it's supposed to be like nothingness but there are rooms, stairs, hallways, just normal house things but it's so huge... I swear it's an underground castle!

   I find a nice spot against the wall, it seems cushioned, like a floor couch. I sit down slowly, my headache is alot worse now, as my thoughts leave my surroundings to what has happened today. Jack... I can't believe he thought he could force me to stay at North's. He really has some nerve acting like a hero when he acted as if I didn't exist for my whole life, why was that anyways? Why did they all act like I didn't exist until I start to talk to Pitch. Pitch, they say he's the bad guy. Well at least he didn't ignore me my wole life, at least he doesn't act like I can't take care of myself... most of the time. I don't know why I'm defending him, or myself really. I shouldn't care, and I shouldn't care about what they say about Pitch either.

   I need to go to sleep, now. Or my head will explode. I want my nothingness back, my peace. I want my thoughts to shut up and leave, I want darkness. Yes, I know I am surrounded by it but I want silence, too. Not darkness and my thoughts... The only way to rid myself of my thoughts is with sleep. Sleep, I need to sleep...

   Pitch's POV-

   Her already closed eyes tighten and then relax and I know she's asleep now. Good, she needs to sleep. She looked around first though, it seemed to help but her thoughts rushed back as soon as she sat down. Why did she look around, why was she so happy to be here anyways? Maybe I'll ask her when she wakes up. I walk over and sit next to her and I study her sleeping face for, probably, the one millionth time. There's no emotion, but she's... you can tell she's in peace. Her head is layed back, her lips slightly parted and her cheeks are pink. Pink? I move my hand to touch her cheek, it's cold. She's still cold, she wouldn't be if Jack wouldn't have let her run off, outside, into the way below freezing cold. He shouldn't have taken her in the first place. It's his fault she's freezing. But really, I just wish I had blankets here for her. I would hold her but I don't think she would like that. But when her head moves and rests on my shoulder, I move my arm to rest around her. Her head ends up against my chest, she didn't wake luckily. And I relax, lay my head back and just sit in silence as she sleeps. She's asleep, what if I give her another nightmare? My body tenses at the thought. I won't, I didn't when she was asleep in the ice canyon. Maybe I won't this time, maybe that time I did it was a one time thing. My body relaxes a bit, but as an hour passes my body is completely relaxed. It was a one time thing, so far.