Chapter 8

Fiona's POV-

   I don't know why I turned down his offer, I'm hungry. But I just stood up and walked away to look around, I do want to see more of this place. He follows me, I almost wish he would have gotten me something to eat anyways but at the same time I don't want to be alone. I mean, what if Jack comes back and Pitch is still gone? Jack might take me, he could bring the other guardians, too. Then there would be no chance of me not leaving with them. What if Jack is on his way now? What will Pitch do, what will they do? Why are they fighting over me anyways, what's so special about me? Oh yeah, powers. This is stupid, they just want to use me or some other crap. No, Pitch already told me he doesn't want to use me. What if he's lying? No, he can't be. Sigh... I shouldn't trust him, not at all, I shouldn't trust anyone. But I trust him... Guardians, what do thy want with me? I get some of it, not wanting me to go evil but I mean seriously? After my life, you'd think I would already be evil. The definition of it! Ugh, sometimes people get so caught up in things they don't think about it, they just choose one quick and easy idea and go with it till someone else puts some since into there heads.

   Soon, the footsteps from behind me stop. Oh no, where is Pitch? I know he's gone because I don't feel like I'm being watched anymore. Where is he? What if something happened... No, I would have heard something. I keep walking around, hoping to find Pitch. I walk around for almost an hour, my worry has been over the top for more than half of the time. Gosh, I hope he's ok. I turn around quickly, thinking maybe he's looking for me where he last saw me. But I suck in a quick gasp, I've bumped into something or someone. My eyes are wide as I back away, almost immediately but I make the narrow to normal when I look up. Pitch. I sigh in relief.

   "Are you ok?" He asks, and he has cereal bars in his hands.

   "I'm fine, sorry." I say and give him a reassuring smile.

   "Ok, well... Here's something for you to eat." He says while handing me the cereal bars. I think I need to start to eat different things... But I take them and smile. I love blueberry cereal bars.

   "Thank you, you didn't need to get these." I tell him, he really didn't. I was fine.

   "You need to eat, Fiona." He says, worry clear in his voice.

   "Ok, thank you." I say, I feel bad. He was just being nice... He was just worried for me. Worried, for me. No, he can't. No, I have to- He can't worry for me, I can't let him. "Stop worrying about me..." It slips through my lips, quiet though. I didn't mean to say it out loud.

   "Why can't I worry?" He asks, curiosity fills his eyes. Because if you worry... It'll weaken me, I might... He might slip past my wall that has stayed up since... Well, forever. It's so strong, almost impossible to break. I can't let him get through, what if he does? What if he's one chip away from breaking my wall? "Fiona, are you ok?" He asks, pulling me from my thoughts. I realize my eyes are wide, and a tear rolling down my cheek. No, not again. I've 'cried' twice since I met him, why now? Why does he make a difference? Ugh, my head hurts. My vision, it's blurring. I can barely see, my eyes are closing. My body feels numb, what's wrong with me? What's- My thoughts stop when my body falls and Pitch catches me. I'm struggling to push myself off of him, I'm weak. Breathing, it's becoming harder to breathe. What the heck is happening to me?! My eyes go wide. Pitch's arms are no longer around me, they're a few inches off me, out of pure shock. But I'm not falling. I have my arms wrapped around him, tight. I'm... Hugging him. Why am I hugging- Why am I seeking him for comfort? I have never wanted someone else to comfort me. My cheeks, there wet. No, there's no way I'm full on crying. I swore I'd never do that again.

   Pitch's POV-

   Fiona is not ok, I'm not even sure if she knows what's wrong but she's hugging me. She has never hugged anyone, ever. And she's crying, I mean full on tears crying. I don't know if I should hug her back or not. But I do, I lift her up so her arms are around my neck and her head is just under my neck, on my chest. I'm shocked when her arms tighten a little. I feel awful, I shouldn't have asked- I should have acted like I didn't hear her. She wouldn't be crying, why is she crying? I want to ask her but I don't want to give her the wrong impression.

   "I'm sorry... I don't know what got into me..." She says while pulling away. No, she won't feel bad for showing she's hurt. I won't let her. I pull her back into my arms and hug her, not letting her go or pull away. 

   "Don't apologize, you didn't do anything wrong." I tell her. I know she's probably uncomfortable but I don't care.

   "Pitch, you can let go. I'm fine." She says, showing a half smile while pulling away. I hate this, she shouldn't hide her feelings.

   Fiona's POV-

   I can't believe I let myself slip up. I broke down, I let him in. I have to push him away, but he won't go away. Why won't he, why won't he leave me alone? I don't need anyone, I don't want anyone. I'm fine alone.

   My thoughts are interrupted when I here a scream. It sounds like a little girl. I spin around, I know this place like the back of my hand now. I run to the exit, I have to get up there and help her. I finally get out, I finally spot where the scream came from. It's a little girl, the same little girl from the park. She's being chased by a man, he has blonde hair just like her. I'm sad to assume it could be her father. But when Pitch comes out and sees what I see, I run to Annabelle. Pitch yells after me, trying to stop me but I don't care what happens, Annabelle is in trouble. I hear him running after me, but I don't stop. I jump at the man just before he can hurt the already bleeding girl, she's bleeding from over her eye. The man and I fall to the ground, I yell at Annabelle to run home. Her tear stained, red cheeks and red eyes make me realize this isn't the first time this has happened. She looks at me, scared of what might happen but I yell at her again.

   "Go now Annabelle, I'll be fine. Just go home! Hurry!" I can't let this happen to her when I can stop it. Thankfully she runs this time. I turn to face the man, he's strong. He roles on top of me, I know he's going to hit me. When he does, his anger turns to confusion when I don't flinch or cry. I wriggle my arm out of his grasp and punch him in his chest. He gasps slightly and I take the chance to role us over so I'm on top again. His breathing is quick, as if panting. We're on the top of a hill, he makes the stupid choice to role us over to be on top and we end up rolling all the way down and into a pond. The water is cold as it hits my warm skin, it is fall but I wasn't expecting it to be so cold. He holds me under, trying to drown me but we're so deep that he can't get his head over the water to breathe. He doesn't try to swim up though, he is focused on drowning me. Before I realize it, his movements stop and we're sinking. He's too heavy for me to get us out, and we've already hit the bottom of the pond. I can't get out. My vision blurs and fades to darkness fast. The last thing I see is a dark figure getting in the water, my last thought is the name of the figure. Pitch. And then everything goes black, it all goes to pure nothingness. Real nothingness. This is what I wanted though, right?