Chapter 17

Fiona's POV-

   I'm skating on the lake from a few days ago, with Pitch. I'm smiling, really smiling, like last time. I only smile in front of him, when we're alone. I begin to skate towards him, his arms open for me. When I wrap my arms around his neck, he wraps his around my waist. We're... Hugging. I'm smiling into his chest, hiding my face, snuggling closer into him. He chuckles, not his normal chuckle though. I don't even think it's him chuckling. I step back, my arms barely around his neck now and I look up at him. Only, it's not him... It's Kevin. I feel my eyes furrow in anger and his smirk, his devious smirk grows as he lifts an eyebrow at me.

   "What? Don't like what you see?" He whispers, his lips now directly beside my ear. I don't shiver, my disgust for him only grows.

   "Not at all." I say and he chuckles as he leans back. He takes a step away from me.

   "Fiesty, just the way I like them." He says, and I'm now confused. "You do know why I'm here, don't you?" He asks, clearly enjoying my anger, confusion, curiosity and taunting me. "I want you, Fiona, my evil little princess." He whispers in my ear, making my eyes widen. Me? Why? I shove him away from me.

   "You're insane, I'll never-" I stop mid-sentence when he steps sideways, revealing a knocked out Pitch with a little blood coming from the side of his head. I gasp, scared, frightened for Pitch and worried out of my mind. How could he do this, Pitch didn't do anything! I feel the tear escape my left eye as I run to tackle Kevin but he vanishes and I fall to the snow covered ground. I quickly get up, on all fours and crawl to Pitch's side. I whipe the blood away before pulling him close to me, hugging him a little to tight. His head in on my shoulder and Kevin his fuming. I give him a death glare, warning him of the danger that will come if he dares to come near Pitch.

   "Get away from him." He says, stern and demaning with pure anger in his now deep, voice.

   "No." I say sternly. I am not leaving Pitch unguarded. But I have no choice, he grabs my wrist and pulls my up. Our faces are inches apart, chests touching and he has both of wrist in one hand each. My breaths are small as he breathes deep, making sure it hits me everytime he exhales. His breath is warm and smells of lemon or chocolate, no, both.  He slowly leans his head in. He's going to kiss me. I want to stop it but his grip on my wrists is too strong. His lips are a centimeter away-

   I jolt up, hitting Pitch's forhead with mine. Thank goodness, just a dream... Right? I hope so. I look up at Pitch, he's rubbing his head. I smile, half fake and half real. He looks back at me, smirking but it's a sweet smirk.

   "You ok?" He asks, worry in his eyes but he holds his smirk-ish smile. I nod, not wanting to explain that terrible nightmare. "Did you have a dream, or nightmare?" He asks me softly, trying not to be too loud I suppose.

   "I don't know." I answer honestly, looking at my hands. I feel nervous, I mean I just had a dream about hugging him... Sort of... Pitch looks at me, no judging going on behind his eyes. I swear, it's amazing how he doesn't judge me.

   "Ok." He says, giving me a sympathetic smile. I smile back, of course and stand up. I need to find Kevin, I'm setting some rules with him. "Where are you going?" Pitch asks me, worry swirling in his eyes even more.

   "To find Kevin, want to come with me?" I answer him honestly, knowing that lying won't help at all. I only ask him if he wants to come because I know it's my best chance at getting the chance to look for Kevin. Pitch doesn't seem happy as he stands up to be directly in front of me.

   "You aren't going near him." He says, his voice deep and controling. What's with guys being so protective, especially Pitch over me?

   "Yes, I am." I say, turning around right after I do. I start to walk away, I was going to run but I couldn't just yet. Pitch grabs my wrist and spins me around, pulling me into his chest, his arms and holding me tight. I stand still, fozen in shock. I am happy, beyound happy and I can't control the small smile that forms on my lips as I hide my face in his chest. I would love to stay like this, really. But I can't. I pull away when his arms relax, I have to talk to Kevin. I immediately start to teleport myself into the woods, where I met Kevin but just as the crystals surround me, Pitch grabs my wrist and is pulled along with me.