Chapter 9

Pitch's POV-

   No. No, no, no! This can't happen! She can't be dead! I shouldn't have let her run to the scream, I should've stopped her before she saw what was happening. I have to tell the guardians, they'll know what to do. I go back to my place, with her body in my arms. I lay her down in the spot she slept in, I can't take her to them. I don't want her to get cold, she won't feel it but I just can't do it. I leave her there, hoping the guardians know what to do, they have to. I am there, standing in front of North faster than I realize. My cheeks already have tears rolling down them. North prepares to fight until he sees my tears, his eye wide slightly.

   "What happened?" He asks me, clear worry in his features. Then Jack comes in and when he sees me he brings his staff up, prepared to fight until he sees my tears. His features go to pure confusion. "What happened, Pitch?" North asks me again. I look back to North.

   "Fiona... She's-" I start but Jack interrupts me.

   "No! She's not!" He yells and flys out the window. He's headed to my place, I know it.

   "Jack!" North yells but Jack is too far off. North quickly goes to his sled and takes off, through a portal. I quickly follow behind, transporting myself to where I layed Fiona's body only to see Jack already there. He's kneeling beside her, tears stain his cheeks just like mine. He turns to face me, slowly.

   "What... Happened?" He asks me slowly, scared to know the answer. She is pale, her cheek slightly swollen and she's still soaking.

   "She was saving a little girl..." I say, I don't want to continue. I can't replay that in my head and through words, I don't want to. He doesn't make me, he turns back to look at Fiona. He tucks her hair behind her ear, uncovering her face. She must be so cold. But my thoughts are interrupted when North comes in, me and Jack both turn to North. None of us know what to do but when I see North's eyes widen, I quickly turn back around. Fiona, she's gone! Where's Fiona?!

   "Where's Fiona?!" Jack and I both yell, worry, fear, sadness, and pure confusion clear in our voices and on our face. North grabs both of our wrists and pratically drags us to his sled, ingoring our question. He takes us back to his workshop and calls for the other guardians as soon as we get there. Soon, all the other guardians arrive but when they see me, they all prepare to fight.

   "No, he has gone through enough today. He is not here to fight." North says, and his usually jolly voice is now sad and serious. The guardians relax, unsure what to do or say.

   "What's going on, what happened?" Tooth asks, concern clear in her voice.

   "I believe we may have a new guardian." North answers. What? Guardian? He's talking about that when Fiona just died, body missing as well? Does he not care, at all about her?

   "What? Who?" Tooth and Bunny ask in sync.

   "Her name is Fiona Sparks." North says, what?

   "The Fiona Sparks? She's- Already?" Tooth asks. What? What are they talking about? The? The Fiona Sparks? What's going on? North nods his head yes and Tooth gasps, Bunny takes a small step back and Sandy has symbols over his head that are too fast to read. I look at Jack, he is looking at the ground. Did he know?

   "What was that?" North asks while all our heads spin to the door of the actual workshop area. A crash sounded, something isn't right. Then the doors open, a yeti has a girl in his hand by her black hoodie.

   "Sorry... I was just lost, um... I'll go now..." She says but the yeti doesn't let her go. Wait, that voice... I step closer to her. Fiona, it's Fiona! She's ok! North signals to the yeti to let her down and he does. I hug her immediately, feeling her stiffen in my arms. "Um... Ok..." She says, she's unsure what to do. She doesn't remember me, or anything. But she doesn't pull away, she lets me hug her not knowing how to react. I let go of her and immediately, Jack moves in and hugs her. She shivers slightly. "Um, you ok? You seem cold." She asks Jack while looking at me, why is she looking at me?