Chapter 24

Fiona's POV-

I wake up and stretch before rolling off my bed and falling on the floor. I start to get myself up when a door flings open and I fall back down out of shock. Then I'm helped up, turned around to see Jack staring at me like I'm an idiot.
"What?" I ask, playing dumb.

"Nothin." He says and shuts the door. "Ok. Anyways. About Pitch, I saw him today or maybe yesterday. I don't know. I can't keep track with days lately, sleep schedule is really messed up. But well, he's looking for you, I think."

My heart hurts. My throat throbs. My chest aches. My stomachs twists. My head pounds. And everything else pinches and tingles. Why is he looking for me? Why would he even want me after what... Maybe Jack is confused. Yeah. No way is he looking for me.

"Oh. Ok. Well, thank you." I say and he smiles, I just nod with a blank expression.

"Still doing the emotionless thing? Dang. And I was hoping to see you smile just once." He fake frowns.

"Mhm... Sorry." I say quietly and his eyes go wide.

"I want junk food! Come on!" He says and drags me out of my room. Wait, why do I have to come? With a few lefts and rights, I'm shoved into a kitchen with no one in side other than Jack. Where is everyone? "We have the place all to ourselves because there's a newer kitchen in the workshop." He says smiling. Ah, thats why.

"Cool." I say and open a few cabinets.
"Why'd you drag me with you?" I ask and he acts like he's thinking.

"Cause who wants to eat junk food alone?" He says and grins, pulling out tons of candy and cookie mixes. So I grab a few mixing bowls and a few whisks and spoons to stir and pour. He has a point.

"What are we going to make?" I ask.

"How about... A cake, each layer is different. And then we can add toppings from the bowl of candy." He says smiling. "We can have a movie marathon while we snack." He says as he pours ingredients for a chocolate cake into a bowl. Doesn't sound too bad. I decide to start making a red velvet layer.

"Could we do cookie flavored layers?" I ask.

"Yes!" He says excitedly. "That's a great idea! What kinds?" He asks and I think for a second.

"Chocolate chip... And a sugar cookie layer?" I ask.

"You have good taste." He says and looks back to his mixing. As do I after getting the cookie mixes out.

We bake for hours, I love baking but this is ridiculous.

"Are we icing it?" I ask, I hope not. Not a huge fan of icing.

"Do you wanna?" He asks, still liking chocolate cake batter from an empty bowl.

"I'd prefer not to..." I whisper.

"Then there shall be no icing for this cake. We can just make candy a side dish." He says. Wow. We'll never finish all of this. Then the ding of the oven starts, signaling that our last layer is finished. We have a seven layered cake at the end. From bottom to top; chocolate, red velvet, sugar cookie, chocolate ship, strawberry, brownie, rainbow.

"Looks nice." I say as I see Jack studying it.

"It's perfect." He says calmly. "Let's go pick out some movies... Then we can eat it!" He says marching out the kitchen. Alrighty. I follow not far behind. Then something comes flying at me, then more. I catch as many as I can, few dropping to the floor. Then I look to see they're movies. Jack!

"Stop throwing them, you numbskull." I say and he freezes and turns to look at me. Then he bursts out laughing.

"You didn't have to catch them all, I didn't even know." He says. Idiot. I drop them all and go to the kitchen. Fine. I'll be the first to eat the cake. "Wait, wait! I'm sorry! Don't be mad, come back. Don't go..." He says and follows me. So I hide part of me behind the huge cake and grab a handful of the velvet cake. And then Jack comes around the corner and I shove it in his mouth. I want to laugh, give him an evil smirk but I just leave him there with wide eyes to pick out the first movie.