Chapter 14

Pitch's POV-

I got her to smile, I mean really smile this morning. She really needs to smile more often. But since Jack came and we arrived at North's... She hasn't smiled, not a real one anyway. She stopped smiling as soon as she heard Jack land behind her. She was hoping for a day of fun, not this. She's going to be lectured, a lot today. I know it and I think she does, too. She hasn't let her eyes leave the floor since we got here. It's been about ten minutes, ten minutes of silence. Ten minutes that we have wasted, that could have been used for fun. For making her smile, for real.

"So Fiona, have you discovered your center yet?" North finally breaks the silence. Fiona slightly nods her head side to side, no. She doesn't look up or try to speak, she just wants this over with I'm sure.

"What did you want to talk about?" I ask North, trying to end this fast for her sake. I know she would rather be smiling with me than standing here, with them.

"Ah! Yes, I was hoping we could speak alone. Not to be rude, just I don't believe you should be here to listen as we talk to her, Pitch." He tells me, what? I'm not leaving her alone just so you can tell her lies and crap that won't help at all. Especially since all of them are here. I look at Fiona, as if asking if she wants me to stay. She glances at me, holding her gaze for a few seconds before quickly looking back at the ground. She's not sure what to do, she just doesn't want to be here.

"Alright. But if anything goes too far, we're leaving." I warn them. And Bunny shifts, obviously mad at me. Like I'm scared of him, yeah right. I walk out, leaving Fiona to face them alone. Oh, how that was a mistake.

Fiona's POV-

I really wish Pitch would have stayed, as soon as he left I felt alone. All of them were looking at me, focusing on me as I stared at the door Pitch just left through. I don't want to look at them, I don't want to talk about this. I know what's coming and I don't like it.

"Fiona, you need to stop staying with Pitch. He'll use you, hurt you, and much worse." Tooth starts. My blood temperature is rising.

"He's no good, lassie. He's evil, the king of nightmares." Bunny says, trying to be sincere about it I think.

"They're right, he could turn you evil as well." North tells me, all joy leaving and seriousness replacing it.

"He's not good for you, Fiona. He's evil, all he wants is to use you. He just wants darkness, fear, he wants you gone." Jack tells me, sadness in his voice and eyes as he looks at the gound while his hand rests on my shoulder. He's standing behind me, no one seems to notice me. I'm boiling mad and no one notices, no one cares, until now. I won't take this anymore.

"You're all insane. You have no idea what you're talking about." I say, my voice was calm at first. "He would never do that, he isn't evil. If you think he's evil, obviously you haven't witnessed true evil. Do you even know how I grew up? No, because you all ignored me. You acted as if I was no one, like I didn't exist. At least he cared enough to watch over me, even from a distance. He never gave me a single nightmare, he was nice enough not to. At least he was there, he still is. Unlike you, you're telling me that I can't be near him because of his past. You're judging, you're criticizing, you're not being supportive. You aren't doing anything that a guardian should. I look past what people have been through, I understand their side of the story, I pay attention, I listen, I focus on who they are now. And Pitch is the first, only person to ever do that for me in return. All of you need to back off, I'm sick of this. You don't run my life, you are not me." I say, my face tinted red and anger covers my face. I have so much more to say, so much more to rub in their faces and make them take it all back. I mean, I could have been evil. They would never know what true evil is like. I witnessed it, I could have been it, I've been through it. So what, he's fear. Fear would exist even if he didn't, it's not his fault. He didn't get to choose his role in life, he was given those abilities and that was his purpose. If anything, they're the evil ones. They're doing exactly what they aren't supposed to. Pitch isn't evil, he's far from it.

Everyone stays silent, some looking at the floor and some at me. I walk to the window, open it and jump out. I have to get out of here, now. Pitch will find me, I know he will. I was not staying in there though, not ever.

I have been walking for about an hour and a half, my mind is somewhat back to normal and I feel awful for yelling at them like that. They just went too far, I couldn't just stand there and let them say those things about Pitch when I could do something about it. I sigh as I sit down, trying to relax a bit. I'm freezing though and the snow doesn't help. My nose is numb, cheeks icey red, lips tinted white, hands numb, arms almost numb, feet numb, legs numb but I'm holding myself, trying to get warm. I'm about to black out, or fall asleep until two warm arms pick me up. I'm being carried, bridal style and cheeks are no longer cold. My face is burried in his chest, desperate to get any warmth possible. He's holding me tight, close and his heartbeat is slow. He's calm but when he looks down at me, he smiles. I don't smile back, I'm not sure if I should and I blush. Out of embarrassment, only embarrassment!

Soon, everything is warm. But it's dark, black, quiet, too. Then I feel myself being layed down on my bed, the covers now on me. I sigh, happy to be 'home.' I sit up as Pitch taps my shoulder, handing me a glass of hot cocoa. It tastes sweet, chocolatey and of course, delicious. I finish it all, in less than thirty minutes, too. My throat no longer hurts, I'm no longer cold but my cheeks are still red. Why wouldn't they be? Pitch is sitting behind me now, me sitting on his lap while he holds me close. I don't know what to think, I don't know what to do but my head calms. Soon, all I'm thinking of is Pitch. How he's warm, gentil, always kind to me... How he's hugging me, holding me right now. How I don't ever want him to let go... To my surprise, my arms are slowly wrapping themselves around Pitch. I really am insane. I'll never be able to have love, I'm heartless... Right? My eyes slowly close, my mind going blank and just before I'm completely asleep...

"Thank you." I think I hear Pitch whisper. Thank you for what? Is the last thought I have before I'm asleep.

Pitch's POV-

"I love you." I whisper to her, knowing she's asleep so she won't hear me. I do love her, I really do. I always have... It just took me this long to realize, to finally admit it to myself. I won't ever let her go, no matter what. I hold her closer, tighter, proving it to myself that I'm serious. I have to make her mine, make her love me, too. Make her realize that she is mine, my love, my heart, my reason to be this new me, my everything. She is me, my life, my soul, if I lost her I'd be loosing me. I love her...