Chapter 16

Pitch's POV-

   I finally found her, in a strange part of the woods. I wish I would have found her faster though, a lot faster. I find her being held by the neck by some boy with black hair. I don't know what to do when she spots me, almost immediately. I'm frozen when her face changes from emotionless to worry when she she's me. The boy follows her eyes to where she's looking and when he finds me, his curious expression changes to a devious smirk. I have never seen him and that worries me even more. He looks back at Fiona and drops her, she falls to her knees. I want to run to her, make sure she's ok but the look she's giving the boy keeps me from doing so.

   "You're annoyingly different, hm? Hurting him, would that work?" He asks her, no doubt about it that he's smirking as he does. Her glare grows even more stern, angry, deathly. Work? What does he mean? He starts to turn away from her and then vanishes, Then he appears in front of me. I'm a little shocked, about to attack him but he looks back at Fiona as she stands and starts to run towards us, her expression is pure anger. Then I feel a hand around my neck and Fiona freezes, her eyes widen as worry and... Fear? Cover her face. The anger returns when his grip tightens on my neck and she's running again. I don't know why I ain't doing anything, I can't, I'm too shocked. She jumps and falls on the boy, making him let go of me and hit the ground with his back. I gasp for air, trying to make it silent. I look at Fiona, her hands are around his neck like she is about to kill him. "Until next time. Fiona." He says, his voice deep as he says her name and I'm surprised she doesn't shiver at it. Then he disappears. Fiona stands and stares at the snow where he was, her expression is serious and angry. I can't imagine what must be going through her head right now.

   Her eyes dart to me, beside her, looking at her worriedly. She studies me for a moment.

   "Are you ok?" She asks, her anger and stern expression melted into pure worry as she does.

   "Yeah." I say. She should be more worried about herself, she fell not me. He choked her longer than me... I open my mouth to ask her the same thing but she turns around, serious and angry again.

   "We should go to the north pole, we can talk to Manny and the other guardians there." She says, no emotion in her voice. She starts to walk but stops after the third step. I try to read her thoughts but she blocks me as she starts to walk again, crystals surrounding her. I quickly grab her wrist, unsure if I should grab her hand.

   We arrive at North's workshop, North is already there, like he knew we were coming.

   "Hello, Fiona and Pitch." He says, jolly as ever.

   "Hi. Um, you may want to call the others for this..." Fiona says, and North looks puzzled at first but sets the beacon for the other guardians.

   "May I ask why I just called for them?" North asks as Jack walks out of his room. Before Fiona can respond, everyone is there.

   "What did ya call us here for, mate?" Bunny asks just as Manny calls. Fiona was the first to notice, I caught her staring, unsure if she should say anything or not, when I noticed. Jack catches Fiona staring, too.

   "Hey, Manny's here guys." He says, grabing everyone's attention. We all walk circle the area he shines his light, waiting. A huge crystal rises and as the light shines through it, a figure forms, his figure.

   "Ah, who do you suppose this boy is?" North asks and Fiona stiffens, is she scared of him?

   "That's Kevin, Kevin Scarce." She says, her expression is stern, angry and her eyes hold pure hate. For a moment, I don't think I know her until she looks back at me. Her eyes change immediately to worry and concern, confusing me a little.