Chapter 4

Fiona's POV-

   Pitch stands to his feet when I open my eyes.

   "Where are you going?' I ask him, obviously confused.

   "To leave you alone. Goodbye." He says, and I know something is bothering him. I want to ask him what it is, but I don't. It's like my mouth has a mind of it's own.

   "Oh, goodbye." I say, and slightly regret it when he disapears into the shadows once again. And I lay my head down against my knees and close my eyes. I try to clear my head, I don't want to think of anything right now. But my head just keeps spinning. My headache grows and before I know it, I'm waking up and I don't feel cold like I should. I feel warm, why do I feel warm? Where am I? I slowly lift my head to see my surroundings. I'm still sitting against the tree, hugging my knees close to my chest. But when I look beside me, my eyes widden in surprise at what I see. Pitch is beside me, his arms are wrapped around me like he's hugging me or keeping me warm. His head is resting on my shoulder, I think he fell asleep. I don't move to get him off me, he was being nice so I should return the favor and let him sleep... Even if I feel a little awkward. I bite my lip, hoping it will help with my nerves but it only seems to make them worse. I feel like I should be panting but my breaths are smooth and calming. Maybe my breathing made him sleepy? Why was he trying to keep me warm anyway? And he said he was going to leave me alone, so why is he here in the first place? My mind is spinning and I don't even realize Pitch wake up and is talking to me until he lightly shakes me from my out of control mind.

   "You ok?" He asks, I can see a hint of worry in his eyes trying to hide it, I can tell. Why is he worried, and why is he trying to hide it?

   "Yeah, fine. Sorry, just thinking." I say a little too fast, but he nods his head.

   "Why didn't you wake me up?" He asks me, and he doesn't hide the confusion or curiousness clear in his voice and facial expression. I had nearly forgot that he had fell asleep against me.

   "Oh, you seemed tired. I mean, you feel asleep so... I just didn't want to wake you." I say, trying to avoid eye contact as much as possible.

   "Oh." He simply says, and I start to panic that I said something wrong.

   Pitch's POV-

   Sigh... I let myself get close to her while she slept, I could have given her another nightmare. She was cold though, she was slightly shivering in her sleep and I couldn't just let her freeze. I'm glad I feel asleep though, or I know I would have given her a nightmare. What if I did in my sleep?

   "Did you have any nightmares? Or dreams?" I ask her, I want to know if her never dreaming has something to do with her sleeping area. But she nods her head no and I become even more curious as of why she doesn't get dreams and why my nightmares never bothered her either. But I did... On accident though, so it isn't my fault, right?

   A few moments of silence pass and she keeps biting her bottom lip, I know she's thinking of something and I know she wants to say it but something's stopping her. I try to read her thoughts but she's blocking me out and it's bothering me, alot. She opens her mouth to say something but quickly closes it and darts her eyes to the side. Then she slowly opens her mouth, making sure she doesn't take her gaze away from the ground beside her and her eyes are full of worry it seems. She's second guessing her actions, I know it.

   "Why do you um... watch me?" She asks, and she immediately closes her eyes shut, tight, regretting her question. I'm a little shocked and I don't know how to answer.

   "I don't know really, how to explain. You're just different and I found it interesting I suppose." I tell her, and I know it's clear in my voice that I was unsure of my answer but she nods her head, unsure what to say. She gets up after a few minutes of an awkward silence.

   "I better go, um see you later. Goodbye." She says, giving a warm smile but you can see the awkwardness clear in it.

   "Bye." I say, with a slight chuckle. It's like she forgot that I'll still be around even if she doesn't see me. And her cheeks turn a slitght pink, I'm guessing it's because she knew why I was chuckling. She gave a small wave and turned around, worried she would be home late she decided to speed walk. I grin to myself, sometimes I really don't get this girl at all.