Chapter 40

'Forgotten Memories'

ZIA

"Wilder, the great Hybrid1 wouldn't marry a traitor." Sabi ni Kuya Ash dahil parang sinasabi na ni Wilder na masama si Grandmama. I just looked at her and she also looked at me.

"Her kind is the reason why Dad and the team are in their lab beds. They controlled Zia's poison and there's no doubt she might do the same." Galit na sabi ni Wilder kaya hinawakan na ni Kuya Ash ang braso niya at tsaka siya pinaupo.

"So, it's you? The reason why they came here in the first place."
Mahina kong sabi at saglit na yumuko. Grandmama tried to approach me but she stopped on her tracks and figured that it was best to give distance between us while I settle my mind.

On Grandmama's birthday, the Witches of the North attacked UHT and Team Alpha was there to protect the place, thus, intervening with the witch's plans and on that night, I first let out my poison form which the witches took notice of.

And that's why they came to the Alpha Village for it, controlled the poison in me and then destroyed the team.

"Sweetie, I know I should've told you about thi—"
Hindi na niya natapos ang sinasabi niya dahil tumingin na ako sa kanya. Mal. Maleficent. A witch from the north. "Did you run away from them?" I asked at kumunot naman agad ang noo niya.

"Did you run away because you think you don't belong there?"
Tanong ko ulit at pinikit niya agad ang mga mata niya at tsaka tumango-tango. Napabuga nalang ako ng hangin at tiningnan siya ng maigi. "They were so cruel. I had to get away and luckily, Zeus told me to enter UHT because I'll be safe here." Aniya at tsaka na kami tumingin sa pinto ng training site nung pumasok si Grandpa Storm.

Humugot nalang ako ng malalim na hininga.

"Do you know about this?"
Tanong ni Kuya Xy kay Grandpa at tumango naman ito.

"Mal and I studied together here in UHT. I knew about her case and you're right, I won't marry a traitor. And she's not."
Aniya at tsaka ako tiningnan.

"Bakit wala kayong sinabi?!"
Inis na tanong ni Kuya Xy at nakita ko ang pagkuyom ng kamao niya. Reasons. Grandmama must have had her reasons. Tiningnan ko lang siya na nakatingin lang sa akin. The grandmother who raised me well, fed me well and loved me. It's still you.

"So, this is the reason why you locked yourself up that night? That night when Xavier wanted to kill Mom and he used everyone in UHT."
Sabi ko at agad namang tumingin 'yung team sa akin. I heard Mom's stories. That night when Dad and Tito Joshua died because of the dreadful battle here in UHT. All the students turned against her because of Xavier's spell.

Even Team Alpha and Tita Miu turned against her.

But Grandmama wasn't there. Grandpa Storm said that she locked herself up that night. Dahil kung nakalabas man si Grandmama nun and Mom could've defeated her, then the rain would come and every student in UHT would've died because of that rain that comes after fighting a witch from the north.

She saved them without even telling what she is.

"They hunted me for decades. I hid. I don't want to be part of them anymore. I-I wanted to thank Zia for removing them from this realm but Team Alpha was destroyed. She was sent to asylum. Every time I wanted to talk about this, hindi kinakaya ng sarili ko."
Grandmama explained at nakita kong nagtiim-bagang lang si Wilder.