Freedom Series

So I have started writing a new series, and the first book is called Stealing Freedom!!

It's about a serf and how she tries to figure out how to get her freedom. Along the way, the son of the Lord of the Manor falls in love with her....
OoooOoooohhh

Anyway, here's the prologue to Stealing Freedom:

****************

Prologue:

"You have one week to make the final payments-"

"One week?" Elizabeth exclaimed. "That is not enough time!"

The guard laughed. "Lord Charles orders, ma'am. The new Lord of the Manor wants to make sure you do not... cause any trouble neither." He said, grabbing her chin with his strong hand.

"What are you doing in my house?" William Wentworth commanded, his frame entering to fill the entire doorway.

"They were just leaving," Elizabeth said, stepping away from the cruel man.

"Oh we will leave," the guard said with a laugh. "Right after we make sure you got the message."

The other guard glared at William, "Don't make us come back."

"What message?" Will asked, stepping protectively next to his wife.

"You have a week to make the final payments on your house. Or else."

"Or else what?" William said, not afraid of the men who had paraded in on his humble home.

The guard chuckled. "Or else you become serfs. And 'll not ever be able to leave."

William clenched his jaw. "No one takes-"

"We got the message," Elizabeth said, grabbing her husband's arm. "You can leave now."

"Do not make us come back," the other guard repeated.

"We won't," William promised.

Thanks for reading!! Please check it out on my profile. I will probably start posting it next week! If I'm not too busy with Thanksgiving haha. But if so, then the week after that.
But I hope you all enjoy thanksgiving!! What are you grateful for this year??