Chapter Forty-One: Prince Wilson

Prince Wilson's POV

Everything was perfect. I had everything I could possibly wish for.

Well... Almost everything. I thought as I looked at Princess Ariadne.

But she would soon make all the rest of my dreams come true.

I put my arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to me on the bench in the garden that she had shown me after a long walk around their grounds. 

I smiled at the magnificent sunset that made Princess Ariadne's brown eyes shine with the colors of the horizon. 

She looked stunning.

No wonder Peter had looked so upset when he had stormed out of the castle, resigning from his part of the deal.

Ariadne sighed, probably thinking about the same ordeal that I was. She and Peter seemed to have known each other for a very long time. "Are you alright, my dear?"

"I am worried that I was too harsh to Peter."

"Men are tough, I am sure he is fine."

Men are tough, except when it comes to women. I had learned as much from my father and had since sworn never to marry. However, circumstances were different now. Quite the opposite in fact.

"He seemed so angry at me."

I could not deny that without lying. I had perhaps looked a little too smug as he spat out his resignation. "He was not happy, you are right. But any man who can stay angry at a beautiful woman like yourself does not deserve your concern."

"Yes, of course."

She agreed with me, but she didn't seem to be putting the matter down in her mind. I decided to change the subject.

"What can you tell me about this little mystery?"

She shook her head. "I wish I could. Unfortunately, I am unable to talk about the cursed kingdom, whenever I try no words are able to leave my mouth."

"There cannot be harm in trying once more. Please, try and tell me about this cursed kingdom."

"How... Did I actually say cursed kingdom?" Her hands flew to her mouth.

I smiled lightly and nodded. "Maybe it is a sign," I took her hand in mine. "I do not mean to sound forward, but in many tales, is it not true love that breaks the curses?"

She blushed but did not remove her hands. I found myself having an overwhelming desire to kiss her at that moment, but then she turned away and I snapped back to reality.

I cleared my throat. "So what does this cursed kingdom have to do with how worn your slippers get every night?"

"My sisters and I, we go to the kingdom every night to dance. At first it was just because we needed something to lift our spirits after our father," her words caught in her throat for a second and I gently gave her hand a small squeeze. "He left for the war. However, now I am forced to go and dance every night because of the magic there and a promise I made. The only way to break this curse is to free the man and his brothers who live there, but it seems impossible."

"Do you have any idea how to break this curse?" 

She hesitated. "Estevan, the evil man there, said he thought of a way." 

"And?"

She looked up at me, then quickly back at the ground. "It has to do with what you said... True love that is."