Chapter Twenty-Eight

°° Ross' POV °°

My mom pulled me in the house after Rebecca dropped me off. She looked mad, or pissed as Rebecca says it.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I softly asked. Mother gritted her teeth and tighted her grip on my arm. I winced at the pain she was giving me. It was hurting me more than what the men did to me.

"Why were you out late?!" She spit in my face. I cleared the water with my left hand and looked at my angry mother.

"I was at school when Rebecca asked me for a ride." I stated.

"Oh, so that blonde chick caused you in trouble?!" She smirked.

"Mother, what's wrong with you?" I asked her with kind eyes, which were softer than hers. My mom's eyes were full of sadness and by her breath, I could tell she was getting some shots.

"Oh nothing. My life is wonderful! I have two amazing sons, one kind husband and a huge house! Everything is perfect." She said with a sarcastic tone.

"No, mom. What's really wrong?"

Mother pushed me on the couch. "Why is it your business?! My life is my life and you don't have to sniff your nose in it. Stop worrying about and worry about yourself and your pathetic, idiotic future! Obviously, you will never ever have a good life, or good job or a good wife!" She shouted.

At this time, I'm bawling. Words like that make me feel bad about myself and it brings me down. Sometimes, I actually do believe those stuff.

"Mom, please stop. You're scaring me." I whispered and closed my eyes, tears fighting their way through.

"Stop?" She laughed, "Sweetie, I haven't even started!"

Mother slapped me, following with an intense pain on my cheek. She got my glasses and threw them across the room and landed on the wooden floor, broken. She then pulled my hair and swinged my head back and forth.

"You are so pathetic and weak!" She chuckled.

I winced and cried every time she touched me. Why was she acting like this?

"Now, go to bed!" She pointed upstairs. "But it's only three PM." I mumbled. "GO!" Mother forcefully grabbed me and pushed me to the stairs, my back making contact with it.

I winced and forced myself to get up and walk to my room. This side of my mother scares me more than a teacher giving me an 80 on a test! No, I can't lie. Receiving an 80 is worse.

I finally reached my bedroom. I was still crawling on the floor and tried to get on my bed. Once I was on top, I cried. I cried until there was nothing left. What my mother said and done hurt me, more than anything! I deserve it though, for not being there for her enough because of school. Do I need to drop off and help my mom?

I sobbed at the thought of leaving the campus and not receive a full scholarship for a good college. School is important but so is taking care of my mom. I need to think about this.

"Ross?" I heard from downstairs. Was that my mom? No, it was different and manly. Sounded like Riker?

"Who is it?" I sniffed.

"Come down."

"No, tell me who you are and I'll follow your orders." I said sternly.

Feet were stepping on the stairs, meaning the stranger is heading for me. I quickly got off and locked the door before the person could attack me.

"Open the door!" It knocked on my white door.

"No!" I said as I snuggled in my blanket, preparing to cry.

"Then I'm opening this shit!" The door flew open and I immediately hid my face under the blanket.

"Please don't kill me.  Please don't kill me!" I repeated with my eyes shut tight.

"Such a baby!" He laughed and threw my blankie away. My eyes remained closed. "Come on. It's me Riker!" He said.

I slowly opened one eye, revealing a wide-smiled Riker. Then I did the same with the other eye, sighing. "I t-thought you were a k-kidnapper." I stuttered.

"Nah, Im not that type of person." Riker chuckled. I rolled my eyes and sat up, "Why are you here and how did you find me?" I asked him.

"Someone told me where you lived and I'm here 'cause I need your help." Riker said as he sat on my bed.

"Oh, ok. W-what do you need h-help with?" I cleared the tears from my face and placed my glasses back on.

"Since you talk to Rebecca, though I have no idea why she talks to you.." he said in disgust. I rolled my eyes in response, "Your point?"

"Oh yeah. I want you to talk to her for me. I've been planning to ask her somewhere but she won't budge! Please convince her into talking to me." Riker begged. Should I help Riker get the chance to be with the girl I like? It won't feel right.

"If I don't.." I trailed, playing with my fingers.

"I will ruin your life by doing something sooo simple. Just know you'll regret it" he smiled.

I sighed, "Fine. I'll tell her."

"Thanks man." Riker got up and held his hand out. I sat just looking at his big hands. What am I supposed to do?

Riker chuckled. He got my hand, slapped his and made a fist and bumped them together. "Learn how to do that. Later." Riker walked out of my room, closing the door.

"Ugh." I groaned and threw myself on the bed. This was the worst day ever.

Hey guys! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in like a week but here it is!

I have some big news! If any of you have instagram and is following me, you know R5 followed me on Twitter! That was the best thing in my whole life that has happened to me.        

11-14-14 at 9:31 PM

Anyways, I am super sick and I hate it. hope none of y'all catch the flu this winter.

Well, see ya in the next chapter! Thanks for reading, love ya!