Chapter One

"Mom!" I shouted from the kitchen. "Yes dear?" She replied. "I'm going to school! The bus is here and I'll call you when I need you to pick me up. Have fun at work!" I yelled back, "Thanks! Have fun at school." My mom answered. "Mom, it's school. Nothing fun ever happens."

I grabbed a fresh apple and took a bite. The school bus was waiting by the stop sign and I felt bad for letting the driver wait for me.

Quickly ran to the door, making sure my phone and my backpack were with me, I saw the bus drive but I ran for it. The driver noticed me and stopped it while the doors opened, "Sorry, I made a double check." I smiled at him. "It's ok." he returned the grin.

I looked around to find an empty seat next to a brunette, have to admit he's cute.

The boy had a white shirt that I could see from the striped hoodie, ripped jeans and Converse. The hood was over his head while some earbud reset in his ears.

I decided to sit next to him but someone stopped me, "I wouldnt go near him if I were you." the girl spoke behind me. I turned to face the student who warned me, "Pardon?" I asked her.

She wore a blue top that spelled out HELLO! in big letters, black skinny jeans and vans. Her blonde hair reached up to her waist, which made it very lovely since it was wavy. "I'm Charlotte, but everyone calls me Charlie." she said as her hand pulled out for me to shake it.

"I'm Rebecca but everyone calls me Becca." I gladly shook her hand and smiled. "Nice name." She grinned at me. "Likewise. So, why did you tell me not to go near that boy?" I asked. Charlie patted the seat next her, suggesting me to sit next to her. I sat and placed my bag on the floor. "He's not someone to hang out with."

I spun at my seat to face the boy. Some girls were around him giggling while we stared at the window just nodding to whatever the girls were saying.

"He seems nice." I shrugged. Charlie shook her head, "That's how he is in the mornings. Once the sun gets brighter, he goes cray-cray. John seems nice but isn't. Just don't hang out with that dude, he's bad news."

I repeated her words in my head.

He's bad news

John doesn't look too bad. He seems nice, maybe he needs someone to talk to. Well, besides the girls crawling all over him.

Charlie and I chatted about school. She told me each group are different. The group has to stay together and eat together during lunch. A pact or something.

"Hey nerd!" I heard a guy scream. I turned around to see what was going on. It was a blonde wearing a red shirt with and ripped black jeans with black vans. Not a very good outfit but it looks good on him. His brown eyes make it look very beautiful with the morning light hiting his face.

"Please stop." the boy with glasses whispered. He had blonde hair, a blue sleeve shirt with stripes on it and blue jeans while wearing black converse. "Or what, geek?" The brown haired guy took off the blondes glasses and reached his hand up so the blonde won't reach it.

"That's Riker. The best hockey player in the school." Charlie said mentioning the hot guy with his hand up. "The boy with the glasses is Ross. People say hes a nerd so they made fun of him. Ross is a little weird and the students in the school bother him, a lot. Especially Riker and Rocky"

Ross stood up and had tears in his eyes, "Give it back!" he whispered-yelled. I felt extremely bad for him. It's not fair for someone to bully them. It's just how they are.

"Hey Riker!" the bus driver spoke up. Riker's head snapped to him and yelled, "What?!" Ross was jumping for his glasses but failed. "Give the kids' glasses back or you're gonna have to walk home!"

Riker scoffed and gave them to Ross. "Thank you." he mumbled while putting it between his nose. "Whatever, geek." Riker pushed Ross to his seat while he laughed and soon the whole bus laughed.

"Do you talk to him?" I asked her. "Once you talk to the nerd, you'll be treated like him. No one bothers him. No one will." She responded. I nodded as if I understood but actually, I didn't.

How would you feel if you were in Ross' shoes? Pretty bad. In Riker's shoes? Pretty cool. But honestly, it makes you a huge jerk.

"Have you at least talked to him?" I asked. "Nope, I will never plan on doing it. I don't want to be like him. All nerdy and smart." she shivered.

"You can at least try. I mean, Ross seems like a nice guy. Don't judge him by how he looks." I explained. Charlie shook her head, "Just listen to me and everything will be alright."

I looked back to Ross who was concentrated with a book. He seems really sweet.

The bus stopped and the doors opened, "Have a nice day kids!" the driver smiled. Some kids groaned in response.

I grabbed my bag from the floor while Charlie looked herself in the mirror. "Stop looking at yourself. You look beautiful." I complimented. "Thanks Becky"

Both of us got off and noticed my new school. The campus was pretty big but not small. There were benches places in the front of the school doors and a blue roof covering it, in case it rains or something. A few trees were in the ground and some roses around it. It looked amazing. I have a feeling I might like this school.

Charles and I walked inside the school and let me say, it was huge! As I entered, I could see students laughing and talking, blue lockers were at both sides (left & right). It was lovely, full of colors and amazing paintings hanging above the lockers.

"Woah.." I said. Charlie smiled and nodded, "Pretty cool, right?" I did the same. "I love it!"

We kept walking when I saw a bunch of trophies. They were absolutely every trophies you could find. Bowling, dance, soccer, basketball, tennis, baseball and a lot more! This school must be amazing and guess what, I'm in it!

She pulled my arm towards a room, "Here is the principals office. Go in and ask for your schedule. I'll be out here when you're done." Charlie shot me a smile and sat on the chair outside the door. I nodded and opened it.

"Hello?" I spoke. "Come on in." the lady working on a computer said. "I'm here for my schedule. I'm new at this school." I grinned. "Oh, what's your name?" she asked me. "I'm Rebecca " I said as I sat on a chair in front on her desk. I'm assuming the counselor was searching for my name on the computer. "Ahh yes, Rebecca Sawyer." She clicked a button and stared at me. "The paper is printing. I'm going to tell you a few things you might want to need before you start your classes." I nodded. "Okay, so, this rule is clearly everywhere. I don't want you to run in the halls."

I already knew this. I always break this rule.

She kept blabbing about the things I can and can't do at the school but I zoned out. "Ill be right back with your schedule. After that, you may go to your first class!"

The principal got up from the spinning chair and went inside a room beside the water. She came back a minute later with a paper and a book. "Your schedule." She handed me the paper. "If you need any help, please come by to my office. I'll be glad to help you!"

I smiled at her. That lady sat back down and I left. Charlie was still in the chair with her phone out. I closed the door and her head turned to me, "Oh good! You're out! Lemme see what's your first period." Charlie walked up to me and took the paper.

"Awesome! You have History with me!" she clapped her hands. I was happy that I had her first. If she wasn't with me, I'll probably be lost. "That's amazing!" I cheered. Charlie linked her arms with me, "Lets go!"