Chapter Twenty-One

°° Rebecca's POV °°

I woke up to the wonderful sound of angels, The Vamps. But I hate that they woke me up on a Saturday.

I guess I forgot to turn it off.

5:32 was in red, bold letters on my clock. Figuring out I had more time to sleep, I rolled in my bed to find a comfortable spot but no. I am now awake.

What am I going to do on a early Saturday morning?

I looked around in my dark bedroom. Not seeing a thing but I could clearly spot my mothers phone sitting on my dresser.

Sloppily walked to it, my mobile notified me I had a lot of notifications from apps in my phone.

I slide Pou notification to the left, also Subway Surfers and messages from my Dad saying he's home and where am I.

"Youre awake?"

"AHH!" A high, ear piercing scream was heard from me after I noticed Ellington was at my door. My phone flew out of my hands on landed on the carpet next to my bed.

"You scared the fudge out of me!" I breathed, hands placed at my heart then threw a pillow from my bed at his face.

He didn't make a sound. Not a peep. Ellington just ran to me for a hug. And suddenly, he cried.

"Oh Ell, I'm sorry. I didn't think that pillow would hurt you as much as I thought it would." I soothed his back.

"It's not that." He sniffled. "It did hurt but it's not about that."

I grabbed his shoulders and made Ell face me, "Then, what happened?" I asked.

"Remember when Rydel broke up with me?"

I nod.

"Well, I took the heart break not so seriously but once I thought about all the amazing memories we had, I just.. broke down." He sobbed.

"Aww babe, please stop crying. My heart burns when I see my EllBear tear up because of a break up instead of crying because you have been laughing a lot. " I close my eyes.

"Sorry." He pulled back and wipped water from his cheek. "I'm sort of used to breaking up with girls but with Rydel.. it really stung. I felt like a bullet was shot in my heart."

I sighed at his metaphor. Ellington is really heart broken.

"Do not worry. I will find you a new girl and make her love you more than you love cats!" I cheered.

"Then that girl must really love me."

I laughed and hugged my best friend again. I missed him so much.

°° Ross' POV °°

Mother and I were having a cup of coffee outside, enjoying the cool California weather.

The clouds were getting a dark dash of grey, covering the bright sun. It might rain but I'm not complaining.

"Have you talked to the blonde girl?" Mom asked me as she sipped from her mug.

"Rebecca?"

Mother nodded, "Yeah, how did you love birds meet?"

I groaned, "Mom, Rebecca and I are not dating. I accidentally tripped with my two feet on my way to class, everyone laughed but she helped me up and ignored the comments that were going towards her."

I smiled remembering how she saved me. She did not save me as in a superhero but she saved me from getting even more bullied over my clumsiness.

"Bummer. If you guys ever dated, I'm sure everyone in school would be jealous!" She chuckled and I couldn't help but do the same.

"Oh mom. The people in my school knows I would never steal a girls heart, even the teachers make fun of me! Imagine if a cool and gorgeous gal like her go out with me.."

I stopped for a moment to realize I wouldn't get a girl like that. "Nah." I waved it off.

"Ross, don't ever doubt on such a thing like that! Everyone finds their true love eventually. It just takes a while for destiny to set the perfect moment on meeting each other." Mother gave me a warm smile.

"Thanks Mom."

"No problem, sweetheart. I'll be right back." She patted my back and walked inside with the cup in her hand.

I looked out in my backyard. It's extremely big but it seems so small. The pool, the playground, the soccer field seems so lonely.

It's disappointing that I'm the only child in the house. No one to play, it's just my mom and I all the time.

Don't get me wrong, I love her but I can't do any 'sibling' stuff with her. She's not my age.

I signed and got up. I think I'm going for a walk.

°° Rebecca's POV °°

"How about that girl?" I pointed to a female with short, brown hair that reached above her chin. She wore yoga pants and a top tank, headphones set in her ears and jogged by us.

"Too old." He licked his pistachio ice cream.

My eyes trailed to a beautiful blonde girl. She looked about our age, a blue strapless shirt and black Capri pants with black converse was what she was wearing.

"How about her?" I nudged him and moved my head towards her.

He gasped, "That's Kelly!"

Yes, I found him his girl. Point for me.

"Go talk to her!" I pushed him. He tried stopping me but failed.

I gave him a little push and on the way, his ice cream splashed on her back.

"Oh god, that's cold!" She yelped.

"Gosh, I am so sorry," Ellington panicked. I looked around for something to clean her and got my luck when I saw a food court handing out napkins.

I quickly ran to the counter and grabbed a lot. Some were flying out of my hands when I went back but fuck that.

I gave Ellington the napkins and he immeaditaly started rubbing her back with it.

"I am so sorry!" He repeated.

"Nah, that's cool. It was getting hot in here anyways. So, thanks."

Ellington chuckled. "Nice to see you again." He handed me the green, melted covered napkin without looking at me.

"Yeah, not a nice way to say hello to somebody but nice to see you too." She laughed.

"Well, I guess I'll leave you alone. I'll be over there by McDonalds eating. Call me when there's an emergency!" I said and headed my way to a wonderland.