Chapter Fifty-Two

°° Rebecca's POV °°

I wake up to the bright sun blinding my eyes. I yawn and try to get up but was suddenly held back with strong arms clenched to my waist. Slowly, I turn to my left to find a sleeping blonde beside me.

Wait.. did we? I look down at myself to find myself fully clothed. I sigh in relief but immediately jump from the bed. Ross woke up from his slumber with fright due to my way of getting up.

"What happened?" He asked. Ross rubbed his eyes and yawned. I have to admit, that was incredibly cute. I shake my head before answering, "I just.. i just thought we did the you-know-what and ugh I don't know. It's ridiculous." I say as I pace in the room.

"Relax." He started, "It was raining and you came over because the storm scared you. I couldn't let you sleep terrified."

I smiled, "That's really sweet of you Ross but you didn't have to cuddle with me."

"Okay fine." Ross rolled his eyes and got his glasses on. "Well, I'm calling my mother to pick me up since the weather has stopped."

"Whatever." I say and walked to the bathroom to do what I had to do. When I returned, I saw Ross folding the sheets of the bed and doing it neatly.

I coughed and he turned around. "I uh. um." Ross chuckled nervously and set his glasses back on his perfectly nose.

Why do I always keep complimenting Ross? Its very unlike of me.

"Well, uh I have to go check if my mother's here." Ross said as he walked right past me, giving me a little shove.

I groan and follow him. To be honest, I didn't want Ross to leave. Him staying here kept me company since my parents work and my sister has her studies in school. I'm surprised that neither of them called or came to check up on me last night. It was extremely odd of them.

Ross and I meet up at the door. "Seems like it's going to rain again." Ross said as he looked up at the sky. "Yup." I reply. After that, it for quiet but not the food quiet. The awkward kind of quiet.

"So, ready for school tomorrow?" He asks me. "When am I ever?" I laugh. "You don't care about your education?" Ross questions. "Eh not that much. Who really needs to know about history? I mean, they're all not here anymore so why should I care."

"Those people changed history and without them, the world wouldn't be the same. You really should think about your future. I don't want to date someone who has no interest in their destiny whatsoever."

I scoff, "Who ever said we're dating? I wouldn't go out with someone who's as nerdy as you. Who the hell would anyways?"

Ross sniffed, "Oh gee, well who would date someone as irresponsible and scared of a baby storm like you? You have no idea how badly I want to yell at you." He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed in frustration.

"No one is stopping you! Go ahead and do whatever the fuck you want. I wouldn't give a damn if you tried committing again." I say.

Ross' eyes started tearing up and like if it were on cue, his mother's car was parked out here.

"Maybe I will. I just dont want to see you ever again." Ross sobbed.

"Oh Lord, here you go again with the crying! Don't you ever stop?!" I yell.

Ross looked at me before running to the vehicle. What the hell just happened? Did Ross and I have our first huge fight? Not that it really matters since we aren't friends.

I got in my home and closed the door behind me. I made myself breakfast and ate it quietly.

- Monday -

I woke up to go to school today. I did what I usually do in the morning and walked out with my materials with me. Other students were packing the school bus already. I hopped inside and sat where I normally do with Charlie.

"Hi Charlie." I smiled. "Hey." She replied. "How was your weekend?" I asked. "Fine." Charlie said but without looking at me. "What happened?" I laugh.

"What are you talking about?" She laughed as well. "Nothing happened. Just my usual eat, sleep and play video games thing. No biggie."

"I know I just met you like a month ago but I can tell something feisty occurred." I smirked.

"Okay fine!" She gave in when I gave her the long look. "I hooked up with someone..." Charlie whispered. "What? Who?!" I excitedly say.

"It's not a big deal. I just had a meet up with Ryland and you know, things got heated." She smiled, as if remembering the night.

"Wait, hold up. Ryland? Ross' friend?" I asked and she nodded. "I knew something was going on between you two! Ah, you two are adorable together. Tell me everything!" I said like a crazy Fangirl.

I felt someone bump my back and I turned around. "Oops, I'm sorry." He said. And I knew who that voice belonged to.

"Next time, watch where you're going." I scoffed. The blonde looked up to meet my eyes. I saw them so irresistible. "Oh its you. I'd rather push you next time." Ross growled.

I rolled my eyes and faced Charlie. "What the fuck was that all about?" She said in surprise. "I've never seen that side of Ross ever since he had a breakdown last year."

"Breakdown?" I ask. "Yeah, he threw a tantrum because Riker and his friends were constantly calling him out for a fight. Ross didn't want to but the guys insisted. Thus, a wreck was created."

"Wow." Is all I say.

*-*-*--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hey guys! Sorry this chapter is incredibly short but I had to put something out there since Sometime Last Night releases in 7 days! I'm so excited for it. I think my favorite is 'I know that you got away'

What's your favorite SLN song?