Chapter Forty-Two

°° Ross' POV °°

"Ross? Ross, man, wake up."

I groaned. I had this killer headache and the light above me isn't helping at all. My eyes fluttered open to see Riker hovering me.

"What happened?" I asked, touching my forehead.

"I dont know. I came in to find you on the floor asleep. Do you remember at least a thing?" Riker asked.

"Actually, yeah. Rebecca came in a while ago to check up on me. Thats all I really can remember." I sighed. I feel like there's more to the story, something else happened. I feel like something else happened but I can't put my finger on it.

"Let's go, nerd." Riker said as he clapped my back and walked out of the nurse's room. I rolled my eyes and followed him to the gym.

All the boys were sitting in the front row of the bleachers. I'm surprised none of them decided to call me names.

"Hurry the hell up Ross! We don't have time." Rocky snarled. I huffed and semi-jogged with the rest of the guys, just sitting behind them.

"Alright." Coach started, "I'm glad I have a big team this year and I know we will win to championships! Our first game will be held here in three weeks, right after Thanksgiving break. I want to let you all know no matter what happens through out hockey season, we are winners." He smiled, "Come back tomorrow and I'll give you all your positions."

We all thanked the coach and headed to the locker rooms to change. I stripped off in a corner where no one will see me. The boys were talking about how exciting the year will be and what not.

"Dont look! The nerd's changing in the back. He'll probably blind you by his awkwardness of a  body." Rocky laughed, soon joined by the others.

I could feel my face heat up and immediately pulled on my shirt and pants. I quickly grabbed my shoes and backpack and ran to the front of the school, waiting for the bus.

After waiting for five minutes, the bus pulled over and I hopped on. The bus was empty so it was just me and Ed. "Where have you been?" He asked.

"Riker made me join the hockey team." I mumbled, looking out the window.

"And you agreed?" He said in shock.

"Well, yeah, in a way. The sport seems fun but I also have this feeling that if I won't try out, Riker will keep harassing me more than usual." I sighed.

"In my opinion, I don't think you should be on the team. Not only he will harass you because you didn't try out, but don't you think he will keep up with his game after?" Ed reasoned.

I kept quiet. Ed was right. What if Riker will keep bullying me even though I'm not in the team.

Ed pulled over at my home, I thanked him and climbed off. I unlocked the door to find my mother passed out in the couch, surrounded my bottles of wine. I thought she will stop drinking but I was obviously wrong.

I walked up the stairs to my room and dropped my backpack to it's usual spot including my shoes. I grabbed some clean clothes and headed towards the bathroom for a shower. Once I was done, my stomach growled. I decided to make myself toast as fast as I could, not waking up mother.

I ate the toast in my room and drank orange juice once I was finished. My phone buzzed in my pants. I fished it out and noticed Rebecca texted me, my breath hitched.

Rebecca:
Come over to work on the song?

I immediately replied with a yes and she responded with hurry. I went to my room to collect the notes she and I made when she was here.

Mother was still passed out and I quietly walked by her, grabbed my car keys and drove to Rebecca's house. I'm sure my mom wouldn't notice I was gone.

To Rebecca:
I'm outside.

I texted her and waited until she came out.

From Rebecca:
Just get in. I'm too lazy to go outside :p

I chuckled and opened the driver's door and slammed it once I was out. The weather was really nice these past few days, it was getting chilly.

I knocked on the door and waited for anyone to open it. I heard shuffling inside and soon, the door was wide open.

"C'mon in." She said.

I nodded and pushed my glasses up. I don't think anyone was present besides Rebecca and I. She had the same clothes she had on before at the gym. Have to admit, it fitted her nice.

"So, I was thinking we could try to get to know each other. The song would be five times easier writing it about ourselves." Rebecca said.

"S-sure." I stuttered. I received an odd look from her but waved it off.

"Lets go to the living room. We can pass out ideas there."

"S-sounds p-perfect." I muttered.

We both got to our destination and sat on the black leather couches. I sat further away from her, not wanting to embarrass myself beside her.

"So, I saw you at the gym today. Rumor was you tried out for hockey." She smiled. Oh, that smile.

"Uh, yeah, I did. Figured out that maybe I'll get some cred for college and pick up my image in school." I pressed my lips together.

Silence filled the room. Rebecca stood up, "I'll bring us some snacks while we chat up on the song."

"A-alright." I quietly said as she left the room. I walked around admiring the pictures hanging on the wall and some on a table. Most of them were family pictures, some individuals. I couldn't help myself by staring at one beautiful image. It was Rebecca with her father. She looked absolutely beautiful when she was young. Her blonde hair was short, she had this big smile that could brighten up anyone's sad day, her father is kissing her cheek.. Everything about this photo is amazing.

Golly, I do like her.

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update when I reached the goal I was very busy & didn't have time to but here I am. I don't know if you can see the image.. It's the photo Ross saw. What a creep..

{ Goal: 20 votes, 15 comments }