Chapter Forty-Five

°° Rebecca's POV °°

I woke up to the sound of my alarm pounding beside my head. I dismissed alarm and closed my eyes for a bit. I'm so glad I only have a few weeks and Thanksgiving break is here, meaning sleeping all day all night.

The time on my cell read 5:34 AM. I groaned at how I didn't turn it off last night but I smiled when I realized I have hours to sleep but before I could close my eyes, my phone rang. Who could possibly call me at this time?

"Hello?" I asked, not really looking at the number.

A few sobs came from the other line. "Who's this?" I said.

"Rebecca?" He sniffed and coughed.

"Erm, who's this?" I asked, feeling quite scared.

"It's Ross.. Look I'm sorry for calling you. This is stupid." Ross said and I could tell he was going to hang up.

"No, its fine. I was awake anyways. What's wrong?" I said before he could end the call. To be honest, I didn't want to talk to him but his cries concerns me.

Ross sighed, "It's my mum.. And I did something I can't even believe I did. I hate myself so much and I don't think you'll care."

I frowned, "What did you do and why wouldn't I care?" I sat up on my bed and swung my legs beside it.

"It's because--" Ross coughed and started crying even more. He stopped for a while and took a deep breath. "This is really extremely stupid."

"Ross, tell me what's going on or I'll hang up."

He sniffed one more time before speaking, "Mother and-d I created another fight last night.. And I was just over t-thinking on what t-to do when I stopped to c-conclude on hurting myself, p-physically." Ross managed to say but I understood him perfectly.

Did he mean he cut himself? That soft skin I would die to touch was now slit across his wrists..

"Alright. So what you're saying is you harmed?" I asked, heading to the bathroom connected to my room and washed my face. I put Ross on speaker.

"Uh yes and I absolutely regret it!" He cried, "I never thought this would hurt more than what I usually get at school. I always imagined words will be the one thing that can abuse me.."

I sighed before bringing the phone back to my ear, "Listen, I have no idea what to tell you as advice because I never experienced this in my whole life but what I am going to say is that don't ever think about committing, it is a lot worse than what you cause a few hours ago."

"Thanks Rebecca." Ross said as he hung up.

I so have to tell Riker about this moment.

I dialed Riker and waited for him to answer as I went back to my room and turned on the telly.

"Hello?" Riker's raspy voice ringed in my ears.

"Morning blonde." I smiled.

"What the hell do you want?" Riker angrily asked.

"Well mister Lynch, it's not something that I want but I do know what im about to tell you is what you really want." I told him.

"Where are you going with this, Sawyer?" Riker smirked.

"It has something to do with the nerd." I smiled again.

"Spill it sister."

I told Riker what Ross told me. Every single word he said on the phone and I could tell Riker was very intrigued with this topic.

"Thanks Sawyer for all this information. Now the boys and I know what we'll do to that cutting freak." Riker laughed with his still raspy voice and to be honest, it was hot.

"Yeah you're welcome." I rolled my eyes.

"How about I take you out sometime as a reward." Riker said.

I gasped, "Riker whatever-your-middle-name-is Lynch, are you asking me out?"

Riker chuckled, "Why yes I am, Rebecca whatever-your-middle-name-is Sawyer."

"Well I would love to.. Though not when you are dating Liv. Remember her?" I stated the obvious.

"Actually no. She broke up with me a few days ago.." Riker sighed.

"Oh I'm sorry. Well Riker, I would love to go out with you sometime." I smiled at the thought of Riker and I on a date.

"Awesome. I'll tell you everything once I have it all organized." Riker yawned.

I chuckled, "I think you should go back to sleep. Sorry to wake you up. Goodnight."

"Its alright. Goodnight Sawyer." Riker said as he hung up on me.

What is it with people and ending the call before I say something? Rude

I powered the reply to off and decided to sleep since I hadn't thought of something else to do at six AM.

I know this chapter is short af but I had to write something since I hadn't updated in about 2 weeks.. I apologize for that.

Have you guys seen Riker on Dancing with the Stars? Man that boy can move like can he grind on me?

If you've been here before R5 is now playing in arenas, was on Ellen, songs on the radio.. Basically before R5 has gotten famous, I want to say in case they get extremely famous, dont forget they were the same people who rocked out in the basement and garage & the people who made silly R5TV episodes. Those were the days.

{ Goal: 35 votes, 15 comments }