The Heavy Crown Of The 'Royal' Family

Start from the beginning

And now his father suddenly wanted another heir and expected for him to just go along with it, not caring what he thought!

"Father, you make it sound like I'm Prince William when you say that. But we aren't royalty. In fact, we are far from it," Dray explained. It was becoming harder for him to hold back his temper though.

Didn't his old man understand that this was insane?

"Drayce, stop fooling yourself into believing you are ordinary just like your friends. They all come from respectable families within the gang, but you are nothing like them. You are the second-highest member of this clan and you're not only in this position for the excellent training. You inherited it, chosen by blood. So in our world, to our people, you are royalty. These men don't follow you with their lives for no reason. Don't you dare belittle them! Pay them the respect they deserve," his father demanded.

Dray wanted to argue but the moment when Jon, Mark, and Jax officially vowed to protect him with their lives came to his mind, causing his mouth to seal shut. That day was forever engraved into his memory. The thought of them valuing his life over their own never sat well with him, but as dutiful clan members they had to oblige to the rules and they did so gladly. The system of the clan had been like that for decades and it was an honor to be part of the inner circle and directly connected to the Ryu family.

His mouth felt dry and he suddenly didn't know how to respond. Meanwhile, Dracon used the silence to let Dray in on his final plan.

"I looked into it and it seems like Cynthia Argent would be a good choice."

Dray, who had been preoccupied with his thoughts, gasped and diverted his full attention back to his father.

He has to be kidding!

"You want me to marry Cindy?! The fuckin' Silver Claw princess?!" Dray asked in absolute disbelief.

No fucking way!

"Oh, will you give it a rest? You are already familiar with her. Our gangs are considered close allies and rumors have it that you and she were already romantically involved before. Where is the problem?" his father asked, impatience clear in his voice.

One drunken night years ago was NOT romantic, Dray thought. Sure, he knew the girl. But the spoiled little Silver Claw princess was extremely annoying. She knew she was part of the mobster royalty and loved to flaunt it wherever she went. Dray found her to be childish and self-centered. Gaining his attention was a game to her and she liked to win. He, however, had no interest at all in it.

"I'll work on getting you an heir. But I won't marry that wen- woman. Instead, I'll find out who's behind the attacks and solve the issue once and for all. That will surely be enough to stabilize our position," Dray debated. If he could solve the issue, chances were high that his father would let go of the whole freaking marriage idiocy altogether.

Should I pay a surrogate mother? Can I buy a baby somewhere – like with express delivery? If adoption takes too long, what about kidnapping?

"And how do you plan on getting this heir? Don't you dare knock up some random girl! I want you to have a legitimate child," his father warned him, eyeing him closely. "You know how much lineage matters within our family.

Geez Dray, just think of something to buy time... quickly!

"I have a girlfriend," he heard himself tell what was the biggest fattest lie in his whole life.

Even to him, it sounded absurd.

Dray was not someone who had 'girlfriends'. If anything, he just had girls. That was it.

So what the fuck did I just say?!

His father looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He obviously didn't believe a single word of it either. He was a smart and respectable gang leader after all.

"You've never had a girlfriend before," he stated the obvious quite unimpressed as if this meant 'checkmate'. But his son was up for the battle of his life.

"Well, I do have one now. I'll work on the heir problem. But don't pressure me to marry someone else. Instead, give me three months to solve all of this," Dray bargained.

After a nerve-wracking minute of silence, his father finally nodded.

"Alright," he said. "But don't make me regret giving you this chance."

_____________

My darling Mobsters,

how have you all been? I hope you are doing well! <3

Thanks for commenting on voting! It means so much to me!!

I hope you've enjoyed this chapter!
If you did, please consider voting and sharing your thoughts in the comment section!

Love,
AK

Let's chat!

Topic: How do you feel about parents planning out their children's' lives - be it with regards to career choices or their private life? Have you experienced it yourself or seen it in your environment? What effect did it have?